[ANN] Juno 0.6.7

Looks weird. Try starting Atom with atom --clear-window-state from a terminal.

2 Likes

Great, that worked. Thanks.

Haven’t used Juno for a little while and just updated all packages (including juno) today. All of sudden, it hangs when run any code with shift+enter in the editor. REPL works as normal. Restarted a few times but no change. Any clue?

I hit that same problem and resolved it by updating the Julia client within Atom.

Thanks! Yes, it works. But all the buttons are gone. How can I restore all the click-able buttons in the bar on the left of the editor panes?

See Juno toolbar not showing on my Windows 10 setup

Thanks for the pointer!

The old bug surges back - after finishing debugging, the REPL still lives in debugger mode, instead of returning to Julia.

Btw, what is the command to manually exit the debugging mode in the REPL?

Thanks!!

Are you on the latest version of Atom.jl?
Also, did you start debugging in the REPL or in an editor?

Sorry. I’m using JuliaPro and all packages are up to date, including Atom.jl, I guess. This is what Pkg.installed() returns me:

"Atom"=>v"0.6.11" 

I’m debugging in the editor of Juno by adding @enter in front of the line to debug and running by shift+enter. Am I missing anything?

No, I think that’s a bug. Should only be cosmetic though, at least if the prompt is green instead of purple after you finished debugging.

Yes, it’s green.

What I did is to start debugging by stepping into a function first and once inside the function immediately click the first debugging button, i.e. finishing this function. I expected the debugging would cease and the REPL returns to Juliia. But it hangs with the green debug prompt and the only way I know to bail out is to click the square button for stop Julia.

Ok, weird. If I do that then I have a green debug> prompt but the REPL works fine afterwards:

debug>
debug> 1+1

I can’t reproduce the hanging. But shouldn’t the prompt be returned to Julia after debugging?

Sure, that’s why I said it’s a bug :slight_smile:

Cool. Can it be easily fixed? Hope to have this fixed soon.

Btw, is it possible to have the hotkeys, e.g. F10 and F11, enabled even the cursor is at the REPL? It’s cumbersome and time-consuming to manually click the editor using the mouse or the touchpad to be able to use the hotkeys.

Cool. Can it be easily fixed? Hope to have this fixed soon.

Fixed on Atom.jl master.

Btw, is it possible to have the hotkeys, e.g. F10 and F11, enabled even the cursor is at the REPL? It’s cumbersome and time-consuming to manually click the editor using the mouse or the touchpad to be able to use the hotkeys.

Yes, but it’s not super easy. Please open an issue about this at the Juno.jl repo.

Thanks, buddy! Ticket filed and thanks for the fix!!!

Btw, enjoyed using the toggle that I requested. Really appreciate! Thanks!!

Another question - The first suggestion given by the auto-completion in the drop-down list is usually the desired one. However, firing the Enter key doesn’t pick the first choice, but break the current line. I have to use each of the down and up keys once before Enter works for selecting the first suggestion. Any comments?