[ANN] Juno 0.6.7

Hey folks,

Juno 0.6.7 is out! It features

• A brand new console (similar to VSCode’s):
  • A massively slimmed down Juno.jl (only one pure Julia dependency, significantly less code)
  • An improved debugger UI
  • Updated documentation at Home · Juno Documentation (finally…)
  • Better performance (should mitigate or even completly fix the problems outlined here)
  • Lots of small quality of life improvements
  • …and, as always, lots of bugfixes.

Make sure you’re running the latest Atom release (1.23) and Julia 0.6.2; then install the updates in Atom and Pkg.update() away.

Bugs are best reported here and we’ll do our best to answer any and all questions you might have in the Gitter chat, Slack or here on Discourse.

Enjoy!

36 Likes

Does this ship with julia pro?

1 Like

It’s giving the following error message (Windows 10, julia 0.6.0):

julia> WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message changemodule.Atom.
jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognis
ed message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.

WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.
WARNING: WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatep
ath.WARNING:

Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.
WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message
validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.

WARNING: WARNING: WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message

WARNING: WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatep
ath.WARNING:

Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.

WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.WARNING: WARNING:
Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.Atom.jl: unrecognised message validatepath.

1 Like

Please update to the latest version of Atom.jl and Juno.jl as indicated in the first post.

Thank you very much, I’ve updated both and every thing works fine now. Excellent work, especially the nice new REPL.

1 Like

Not yet, but a new version of JuliaPro will include this soon.

1 Like

After I upgrade the julia packages and update the ink, julia-client, language-julia packages. My atom can’t open any files, any windows except for the blank windows, even after I do atom --clear-window-state . I can open things like julia console… My atom works after I disable the julia packages.

I use mac high sierra, julia 0.6.2 and atom 1.23.3.

HI,

I have Julia 0.6.2, Atom 1.23.3 on OSX and uber-juno 0.1.2. I keep seeing things like

Did I make a mistake?

I had some issues with the installation (I had to install manually all the Atom packages, they didn’t installed with uber-juno automatically) but after that is works great, the new REPL is nice.

A small issue I ran into is that it seems there’s no way to close the doc that show in your code (Ctrl+j Ctrl-d). It would maybe be better to show it in the doc pane.

No, but

The installation problems are strange – I can’t reproduce them.

A small issue I ran into is that it seems there’s no way to close the doc that show in your code (Ctrl+j Ctrl-d). It would maybe be better to show it in the doc pane.

You can use Esc to hide the inline docs. And to be honest I rather like having both inline documentation and the doc pane – feel free to open an issue at the Juno.jl repo if you want to discuss though :slight_smile:

If you want to help debug this, please re-enable julia-client and ink, restart Atom, and open the dev console with Cmd-Shift-I (or got to View > Developer > Toggle Developer Tools). There will most likely be some error messages there; open a new issue and paste them there.

@Non-Contradiction That error should be fixed with ink 0.8.1, so you should be good to go after an update.

1 Like

After updating, the Console Style was set to the new REPL-based mode in the julia-client and I had to disable the Enable Powershell Wrapper option manually in order to have a functioning Juno. (Error in the Developer Tools Console: "Uncaught (in promise) Couldn’t resolve path.)

Just wanna say keep up the good work guys, its an absolute pleasure to work in Juno!

Also, if anyone’s not checked it out yet, I highly recommend trying out the profiling feature in Juno, its a bit underadvertised but insanely slick!

2 Likes

I seem to have issues with the help mode, the error below persists after restarting Juno and on two different computers. The error does not occur in a REPL in the regular terminal

help?> sin
search:ERROR: ArgumentError: abstract type is not a valid key for type Symbol
Stacktrace:
 [1] setindex!(::Dict{Symbol,Void}, ::Void, ::String) at ./dict.jl:414
 [2] push! at ./set.jl:35 [inlined]
 [3] unique_from(::Array{Any,1}, ::Array{Symbol,1}, ::Set{Symbol}, ::Int64) at ./set.jl:157
 [4] unique(::Array{Any,1}) at ./set.jl:140
 [5] accessible(::Module) at ./docs/utils.jl:362
 [6] completions at ./docs/utils.jl:367 [inlined]
 [7] repl_search(::Base.TTY, ::String) at ./docs/utils.jl:124

If your path to Julia has spaces in it this should be fixed with the next release of julia-client.

Huh… interesting. I’m pretty sure this isn’t Juno’s fault and can’t reproduce on any machine I have available.

How does one get the terminal inside Juno as in the picture (of the post)?

Julia Client: Open Console (or Ctrl-J Ctrl-O) and Julia Client: New Terminal respectively.

First open the Command Palette from the Packages menu or (Ctrl+Shift+P), then do Julia Client: Open Console (or Ctrl-J Ctrl-O) and Julia Client: New Terminal, respectively as @pfitzseb said.

1 Like

In stacktraces in the REPL, links on lines that are broken (linebreak) are not clickable.