Virtual poster session

I hate to be the old guy who can’t figure out social media but … I am completely unable to work out how to view the virtual poster session. I am logged in to discourse.julialang.org (obviously) and to discord.com and to live.juliacon.org. I even have the JuliaCon package installed on one of my instances of Julia and can check JuliaCon.today() but nothing I have seen indicates how one actually “attends” the poster session.

1 Like

To answer my own question, Posters

Don’t know why I didn’t see it before.

2 Likes

I looked at a couple of the posters on that page and nothing seemed to drill down to an actual poster (high resolution image or PDF of a poster)

Apparently one had to register and log in to yet another social media app - gathertown, I believe. I regret that I am sufficiently old that 5 or 6 social media apps (discourse, slack, zulip, discord, various web sites) for one system/conference is about my limit.

3 Likes

Gather town provides features/experiences that none of the other platforms we use do. With that said, I agree it’s difficult with so many to use.

1 Like

Oh, I appreciate why different platforms were used. It’s just that as an old guy who attended two wonderful (my thanks to you and the other organizers) virtual conferences in July (useR!2021 followed by JuliaCon 2021) I kind of maxed out on apps to install and learn to use.

1 Like

I was hoping that there would be an open version of the posters content once the sessions were over. Maybe PDFs of the posters could be added to the pages at Posters

3 Likes