Juno, toolbar is not shown correctly

I installed Juno according to the instruction. But not all of the tool bar buttons are shown as following.

I have used VS code for several months, because of the bugs in Juno. I like some features of Juno but always encounter a lot of problems.

Julia Version 1.1.0
Commit 80516ca202 (2019-01-21 21:24 UTC)
Platform Info:
  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz
  WORD_SIZE: 64
  LIBM: libopenlibm
  LLVM: libLLVM-6.0.1 (ORCJIT, skylake)

Install Juno-toolbar-plus instead:

Some of the ion icon names are changed, which is referenced in 0.3.3 version of my package

Thank you so much! When uninstall tool-bar and install the juno-toolbar-plus. Then I got the following error when install julia client as follows which is an existing Bug reported.

Thank you so much for your help. I just try if Juno is mature enough for me and will keep on using VS code.

You shouldn’t uninstall tool-bar! That is needed for Juno-Toolbar-plus. Install toolbar again and restart Atom
Juno features are much more and better than VS code plugin

Thanks! when I turn on the Tool-bar on the left, some buttons are still not shown. Juno-Toolbar-plus provide many useful functions. If it is integrated with the original one, not two bars, it would be better.

Juno provide many useful features. However, there are two many packages in Juno, and some time the user should fix different problems from different packages. I feel Juno is not stable as VS code, which provide one package for the end user. Much easier to install and update.

I will keep using VS code, which is Ok for the daily work.

Just restart your Atom two times after installation of Juno-Toolbar-Plus and the other extra toolbar will become hidden!

If you install uber-juno it will install all the Juno files. In terms of features, Juno is much more mature. Don’t expect any changes in the Juno unless Atom switches from JavaScript to something else!

I know the original bar is hiden. Not all the buttons in original bar can be found in “Juno-Toolbar-Plus”, such as “show Debug Windows”. Thus I open the original bar in the “Julia Cllient” setting.

Juno-toolbar-plus looks very good. It would be better to merge these two bars. The user would be confused by two bars which have some overlap of the buttons. Juno has a lot of features. Thanks for work from all the contributors which let Julia users have similar powerful IDE as other languages! Hope it would be better.

Oh! Those buttons are disabled in my package by default. You can enable them from settings by checking “enable layout manipulation buttons”

I agree about combining, but the Julia-Client developers didn’t agree, and recommended to have both options around
https://github.com/JunoLab/atom-julia-client/issues/630

1 Like

There is a fix for this committed to atom-julia-client repo in Github done 4 days ago.
Here a link to the commit in case you like to apply same changes temporarily while waiting next release:
Update toolbar.coffee