JuliaCon 2021 T-shirts and Stickers on Sale Now!

Hey all, this year’s Limited Edition JuliaCon 2021 T-shirts are now on sale! We kept the classic look: JuliaCon 2021 Shirts | Bonfire but also added a new design this year: JuliaCon 2021 REPL Shirt | Bonfire. Additionally, there is a JuliaCon Mug for sale: JuliaCon 2021 Mug | Bonfire

Stickers are also available:

~ Logan on behalf of the JuliaCon 2021 Organizing Committee

29 Likes

As always, profits made from selling t-shirts and such go directly to fund programs like Julia Summer of Code, Julia Season of Docs, cover costs for JuliaCon, infrastructure costs, and much more.

If you want to support the Julia Language but don’t necessarily want a shirt, please consider a sponsorship on GitHub for as little as $5: https://github.com/sponsors/JuliaLang

Your support is greatly appreciated! :heart:

18 Likes

OMG that REPL shirt is too cool!

9 Likes

OMG that REPL shirt is too cool!

The hard work of @cormullion with lots of back and forth from @ianshmean and @vchuravy if I recall correctly.

7 Likes

I am definitely getting the REPL t-shirt.

7 Likes

Even the smallest size is too large for me :pensive: Would it be possible to have smaller sizes next year? I usually buy shirts with 40cm/60cm laying flat (15.5in/25in for you americans :p) or sometimes even smaller if I want it skintight, which is quite a bit smaller than the smallest size I could find (17.5in/27in or 44.5cm/68cm).

Would definitely be more suited to our international audience as well, I think shirt sizes in Europe and Asia are on average smaller than in the US :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Sukera the only smaller options are labeled as “Youth Clothing”. I can add some options there if that would be helpful?

1 Like

I don’t mind whatever it’s labeled as, so if that makes smaller sizes available, sure! I hope they’re not too small though, since “Youth Clothing” options are usually for ages 14 and under :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Another question comes to mind - I can’t find anything about the shipping process, are these shirts shipped internationally?

What does

Available for 18 more hours.

mean on bonfire website? :thinking: I thought they’d be available for longer than two days

Yes, they are shipped internationally!

Good question, I think it’s a marketing thing they do to try and get you to buy but the shirts are setup to sell “on demand” which means there is not pre-set end to the selling period.

It might also have to do with production, if you order in the next 18 hours you will have your item shipped on June 8th, after that, it might be another week or two.

1 Like

For the cool REPL shirt, shipping to Europe Bonfire’s auto email said: “Arrives between 06/21/2021 and 07/02/2021

No worries, only one slight regret: the OhMyREPL beautiful colors do not seem to have been printed.

1 Like

There’s one problem with the REPL shirt - if people try it out, it won’t run, because there is no package JuliaCon.jl. We should create one! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

There you go: GitHub - JuliaCon/JuliaCon.jl: JuliaCon. Everywhere. It could definitely need some creative input :slight_smile:

To really make the code work, we have to register it though. :smiley:

6 Likes
   _       _ _(_)_     |  Documentation: https://docs.julialang.org
  (_)     | (_) (_)    |
   _ _   _| |_  __ _   |  Type "?" for help, "]?" for Pkg help.
  | | | | | | |/ _` |  |
  | | |_| | | | (_| |  |  Version 1.6.1 (2021-04-23)
 _/ |\__'_|_|_|\__'_|  |  Official https://julialang.org/ release
|__/                   |

julia> using Distributed, JuliaCon

julia> @everywhere juliacon2021()
Welcome to JuliaCon 2021! Find more information on https://juliacon.org/2021/.

Cool!

It’s a little sad that if one starts with multiple processors, e.g. julia -p 2, then without an @everywhere using JuliaCon the workers will error when trying to run juliacon2021(). Still, nice that the code runs!

3 Likes

True. I guess we have to add juliacon2021() to Base then :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We should definitely register it - otherwise people wearing these shirts when there’s coders/geeks/… around will constantly get annoyed by remarks about how the code on their shirt doesn’t work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe we can add a few features to the package. Maybe a live schedule? I’m imagining a function JuliaCon.now() which, during JuliaCon, shows the currently running talks and links to them. Or something like that.

Is there a programmatic way to access the JuliaCon schedule (when it’s online)? (maybe one can refactor @mcmcgrath13’s web scraping code here)

UPDATE: In the works :slight_smile: Live schedule by carstenbauer · Pull Request #5 · JuliaCon/JuliaCon.jl · GitHub

5 Likes