JuliaCon 2021 T-shirts and Stickers on Sale Now!

Yes, I also wondered if something like a schedule might be a nice functionality.

I would be pretty cool to have JuliaCon happening inside of Julia as well as on the web. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hilarious…

It’s a little sad that if one starts with multiple processors, e.g. julia -p 2 , then without an @everywhere using JuliaCon the workers will error when trying to run juliacon2021() .

Using Requires can save the day Iron creases in t-shirt code via Requires by IanButterworth · Pull Request #2 · JuliaCon/JuliaCon.jl · GitHub

3 Likes

Need pictures of shirts!

(Currently, country names are chosen uniformly at random. We could use a non-uniform distribution if we’d know where the JuliaCon participants are from.)

9 Likes

If you click through the two links at the top, you can see the images of the shirts.

2 Likes

Alright, live schedule (with configurable caching options) now available in JuliaCon.jl v0.2.0.

Of course, since the 2021 schedule isn’t online yet, one can currently only test it in JuliaCon.debugmode() which simulates that JuliaCon 2020 is live.

18 Likes

Neat!

Are they really? I had the issue when shipping to France: the website allows to enter such an address, but my order was cancelled later on because USPS doesn’t want Bonfire to ship anything to France. They’re blaming COVID for this, but I recently got parcels from the US through USPS to France… Is there anything you can do about it?

I would ping the folks at Bonfire before you order to see what they say.

Does anyone know if it is currently possible to buy any Julia t-shirt if you are located outside of the United States (European Union - Poland in my case)? I tried Bonfire and they sent me an explanation that “USPS has temporarily suspended service for the country listed in your shipping address”.

I have also tried NUMFOCUS few month ago. They have never sent the t-shirt and stopped replying to my emails.

I am located in Europe and have never had any problems ordering from Amazon United States (there is also Amazon portal for my country now), ebay or AliExpress.

The only thing that seems impossible to buy is a Julia T-shirt? Any experience with your countries outside of the USA?

4 Likes

This is odd, I feel like we sent them to Europe last summer. Also, hopefully with how things have improved over the last few months, the shipping will be more timely.

@logankilpatrick last year I got the Bonfire JuliaCon t-shirt without any problem. It actually arrived quite soon after placing the order.
This year they said that they are not able to dispatch the t-shirt as USPS is not operating normally and have already refunded the money.

It is still better than Numfocus - where my status is no money, no t-shirt :frowning:

2 Likes

Despite the tshirts being limited edition, we will make sure folks who can’t get them right now, are eventually able to get them as local conditions improve.

5 Likes

sounds great!

1 Like

Perhaps it is possible to find a company in Europe who produces and sells these T-shirts in Europe?

2 Likes

Just pinged the Bonfire folks to confirm if they are shipping to Europe or not. The USPS website does not say that service is suspend there: International Service Alerts - Newsroom - About.usps.com so hopefully we should not need to setup a new shop. But we could always use our Reb Bubble store (which is based in Europe I believe).

2 Likes

Fyi, at least one T-shirt seems to be on its way to Europe, according to USPS Tracking site:
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on June 16, 2021 at 2:55 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

1 Like

Is it possible to ship the T-Shirts to CHINA ?

It seems for me the country is not edible on Bonfire:

Hey, if you click “United States of America” it turns into a dropdown menu and China is on that list.

Thanks.
But I’ve tried many times.
It is not working , i.e., nothing happens when I click the box.