JuliaCN 2022 meetup is calling for proposals

Dear friends, the annual meetup of JuliaCN is now calling for proposals!

In the last several years, JuliaCN has put a lot of effort to make the Julia language and its ecosystem more accessible to the Chinese Julia community. What we have done include but are not limited to

• Mentoring the Open Source Promotion Plan (OSPP) (A Chinese version of google summer of code) event,
  • Translated Julia websites, books, and documentation, including a book entitled “Julia Data Science”,
  • Solving the Julia package and binary server issues to make Julia packages more accessible to people in mainland China.

The effort pays, there has been a significant growth in the number of Julians in China, which can be inferred from the number of active users in our JuliaCN forum.

The 2022 Meetup

This year, we will keep the tradition of annual meetup to attract more people to this community. Except the online talks, there will also be an offline Hackathon event at the Hong Kong university of science and technology (Guangzhou).

• Dec 3, 2PM-5PM: Tutorials (both online and offline)
  • Dec 4: Hackathon (offline in our campus)
  • Dec 5-9, 8PM-11PM: Five night for online talks on five different topics (online, recording or real time).

Timezone: Beijing (GTM+8).

For more details, please check the JuliaCN 2022 meetup website.

We need your input

• To present a 30min talk (there are five slots for English speaker too). Please sign up a talk by filling this form (NOTE: this form is in Chinese) before Nov 10. Alternatively, you can send an email to cacate0129@gmail.com with the following information
    • your name and biology,
    • the title and abstract of your talk,
    • whether you allow us to put the recording online for non-commercial purpose or not.
  • To add more items to our Hackathon bounty issues.

About me

My name is Jinguo Liu. One of the main authors of quantum simulator Yao, reversible programming DSL NiLang and GenericTensorNetworks. Earlier this year, I went back to China as an assistant professor at Hong Kong university of science and technology (Guangzhou). I will be teaching a course “Modern scientific computing” using Julia language next semester. I feel excited to have an opportunity to contribute some effort to the Chinese Julia community to make more people love this language.

14 Likes

Amazing :grinning: