Julia Meetup Copenhagen - Restart?

Dear all Julia users in and around Copenhagen,

I am relatively new Julia user that have only been using Julia for the last couple of months, next to my primary work in Python.

Now that Corona is more or less over, in Denmark at least, I think it would be great to arrange a physical meetup in Copenhagen at some point in the near future. It seems like it used to be a thing in pre-pandemic times, but I think that it would be great to revive this tradition.

I do not mind organising and arranging it, however, I would love inputs and preferably also a co-organiser. So please, if have ideas for talks or workshops, Julia-related, please get in touch with me!

13 Likes

That’s wonderful :blush:. I’ve been thinking about this too for some time without having the bandwidth to take initiative (and corona, of course). I’ll be happy to help reach out to some potential participants/speakers.

4 Likes

Count me in! I had the pleasure to meet some of us last time and it was great fun. So please, let’s!!

1 Like

I have not been part of this earlier so I’m unsure about the format. Is this planned to be a recurring event with a fix schedule, e.g., bi-monthly? In any case I’m happy to join and contribute.

1 Like

I guess that the first part of the plan is just to get a single meet-up up and running and then, depending on the turnout and feedback, we might make it into a recurring event.

1 Like

Please let me know if you need help getting a meet up page created if you decide to host more than one event.

2 Likes

Thanks for your offer! I do not want to sound ungrateful, but is it difficult to setup oneself? Or is there another advantage that I am missing? No matter what, thanks a lot for your input :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries at all! If you make a meet up group through meetup.com, it costs money and if I make one for you it’s free (we foot the bill)

3 Likes

I would be interested in joining as well.

2 Likes

Ahh, cool - thanks a lot! I’ll get back to you when, and if, that becomes relevant.

1 Like

Julia Meetup Copenhagen Spring 2022 - save the date!

The date for the Spring meetup is now settled: May 2nd in the evening.

More information will come, but put the date in your calendar already now.

5 Likes

We are now finally ready to announce the details for the first Julia Meetup Copenhagen 2022!
Please remember to sign up here.

The program for this first edition will be as follows:
18.30 - 19.00 Doors open
19.00 - 19.05 Welcome
19.05 - 19.45 Chris Rackauckas (MIT CSAIL, Pumas-AI & Julia Computing)
19.45 - 20.00 Pause
20.00 - 20.15 Jakob Nybo Nissen (University of Copenhagen)
20.15 - 20.30 Sakse Dalum (Hafnium Labs)
20.30 - 20.45 Niels Lykke Sørensen (PFA Pension)
21:00 - Local Pub (Søernes Ølbar)

For more information, please see the meetup page or this thread.

2 Likes

Super cool, thanks for organizing!

2 Likes