Julia meetup during APS March Meeting

Dear all,

As a physics grad student at Tulane University, I have become intrigued with Julia’s application to my research area (simulations in condensed matter physics) as well as to deep learning. Henceforth, since New Orleans is hosting the American Physical Society March Meeting this year, I would like to announce my openness to organize an informal meetup/mini-hackathon/talk session during March Meeting to highlight the many uses of Julia among working physicists. I will follow this message up with a moodle poll to determine what the most popular form of this meeting should take place (probably on Tulane’s campus) well as the most appropriate time during the meeting. Please feel free to contact me with any questions (nrahman@tulane.edu) or leave a message on this Discourse thread.

Best
Noah Rahman
PhD candidate, Tulane University physics department

6 Likes

As promised, here is the survey. Please try to fill it out ASAP if interested.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VM3RQ8L

The shindig will be roughly 5:30 to 7:30, Thursday evening, in the fifth floor conference room in the Israel building (Israel 502) at Tulane (right next to the stairwell). Hopefully we will all repair to Freret St nearby for food and drink afterwards.

Please email me if attending (and don’t hesitate to contact me if you need to sort out transport)
Best
Noah

Don’t be late!

1 Like

Maybe a larger community post for international physics with a Julia/Deep Learning bend could lead to some cool collaborations, no? :slight_smile:
Greetings from Mexico, hope organization went well.