Next (2nd) Julia Munich Meetup

We had our first Julia Munich Meetup yesterday - thanks to all participants for making this an interesting and fun event, and thanks for all contributions/presentations!

We agreed to do this regularly, every two months or so (for now), ideally on a Wednesday evening from 7 pm to 10 pm.

Here’s a new Doodle poll to find a good date for the next Julia Munich Meetup:

https://doodle.com/poll/z3ft2dytnaebyhh7

The next meetup will take place at either TUM (Garching Campus) or MPI for Physics.

Please sign up and also share this with all your friends and colleagues who are (or may become) interested in Julia! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to announce that the next Julia user meetup will take place at the Chair of Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics at the Technical University of Munich in Garching on the 27th of November. Start time is once again 7pm.

The meeting will take place in MW1639, which is on the first floor of the 6th courtyard in the mechanical engineering building. There is plenty of parking close by and the U6 stops right in front of the building. For further instructions please see: Arrival Instructions

There will be enough beer for everybody :slight_smile:

A tentative meetup schedule should be up soon.

Hope to see as many of you at the meetup as possible!

All the best,
Ludger

CC: @oschulz

1 Like

Thanks for hosting this time, Ludger!

Hi @ ludgerpaehler, is there already an agenda, or is it an informal meeting? I ask because of the journey… :grinning:

Hi everyone,

in collaboration with @oschulz we have now converged on a meeting agenda. There will be two ~15min talks in the beginning. The talks are:

1. ALPACA -A Versatile Multiresolution Compressible Flow Framework for High-Resolution Simulations
  2. Simulation of Electrical Fields in Crystals

Afterwards there will be plenty of time for informal discussions. We have plenty of beer and non-alcoholic beverages, so everyone should be cared for :blush:

Looking forward to seeing many of you next week!

Just put the beer and other beverages in the fridge. Hope to see as many of you as possible tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@schlichtanders has organized a new Munich Julia meeting / user group for February (thanks!):

1 Like

Thanks @oschulz for sharing it here!

hope to see you all on 5th February!

There are so many threads about meetups in Munich that I don’t even know where to subscribe to. If there exists a mailing list for Julia meetings in Munich/Garching, please add me to it. I was thinking about starting meetups in Garching, but you guys already have so much momentum that I better just join you and grab some people who might be interested.

1 Like

Here is the link to the next Munich meetup at 8th April 2020.

2 Likes