Don't update ink (in Atom): it appears to be broken

Updating to ink 0.10.10 broke things in a bad way.

Update to that version as indicated here, especially if you’re on Windows.

I’m fairly confident that release did not in fact break anything, but if it indeed did then

broke things in a bad way.

is not a sufficiently precise error report for me to do anything about it.

2 Likes

I updated a few minutes ago, everything looks ok so far (MacOS).

You are right, of course. In my defense the ink broke my editor just before I had to step out of my office for the day, and if reporting a potential update problem was going to save someone some headaches, it was worth it posting a quick note.

I did update just now another installation on Windows 10, and everything seems to be working fine. Hopefully it was just a false alarm (and my office computer was updated in some unfortunate way: nothing a clean install wouldn’t fix I hope).

Fair enough :slight_smile:

There are a few rather frustrating issues with updating Juno in the Atom GUI on Windows (that I thought I’d fixed), so some warnings are warranted.

apm uninstall ink
apm uninstall julia-client
apm install ink
apm install julia-client

should fix all issues with installation though (and you shouldn’t run into any if you update with apm update after closing all Atom instances).

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks.

@pfitzseb This reminds me: something that’s been puzzling me. Why is there no mention of uber-juno in these instructions? What is the relationship of julia-client and uber-juno?

uber-juno is a one-time installer for (among others) ink and julia-client. It also handles some configuration steps, but all in all it is by no means necessary.