Doing an installation on my office computer (ie the computer is managed by IT guy and I don’t have all the rights), I find it particularly difficult to debug an installation of Juno in Atom that do not work.
In my case, here is what I did:
Installing Julia 5.1 for Windows 64bit.
Installing Atom (proposed AtomSetup-x64.exe freshly downloaded)
In Atom, installing uber-juno.
It makes some window in the top right cornet telling it install stuff, than tells it’s ready.
But, it does not install Atom in Julia, I had to install myself Pkg.add(“Atom”)
The installation of Julia did not add bin path to the windows PATH variable, so I had to ask the IT guy to add it (he did it in front of me and now It is exported, I can type julia in a cmd and have it started).
I tried to reinstall atom and the Juno related packages several times (after each changes like adding Atom.jl and the path variable).
I’m still stuck at the same place:
If I start anything in the Atom console, It just takes forever. So 1+1 just never output anything.
I have no message telling me anything, it just makes the small bar at the bottom left moving like if executing something.
So my main issue is not much that it does not work, but that it doesn’t tell me anything about why it is not working. This is extremely annoying and time consuming to try blindly random stuff on internet in the hope that maybe it is the solution of the current issue or maybe it is just an other problem with similar output.
I tried the Atom console we get from Ctrl+Shift+i, but I have no useful information (just telling me it doesn’t find spell checker).
I also try to launch from the cmd, but it doesn’t output anything there.
Thank you for support.