[Beginner] Installing uber-juno in atom

Hi community,

I have an issue installing Juno. I looked for an environment to write my code in, and I noticed that Juno was the one recommended. In order to install it, I installed Atom. In the preferences in atom, I tried looking for the uber-juno packages but nothing appears except this message:

Searching for “uber-juno” failed.Hide output…
self signed certificate in certificate chain

Is there a solution to this issue?

Many thanks,
Alex

Hi @KrKAlex, wellcome to Julia community. Concerning Juno, it is hard to tell. Have you installed Julia before trying to install Juno? But well, unless you really for some reason need Juno/Atom, I would go for another editor, namely Visual Studio Code (vscode) with Julia extension. The reason is that Juno/Atom is now in maintainance mode and is not being developed further. It appears that even its developers shifted to vscode as the main future platform.

1 Like

Are you saying you can’t find the uber-juno package using Atom’s package installation dialogue? For me it looks like this:

Is this where you’re getting the error? If so, can you find any other packages? This seems to be more an issue with your Atom installation or your internet connection/proxy settings than with Julia/Juno.

1 Like

self signed certificate in certificate chain

sounds like the reason for this going wrong.

Many thanks for your help. I am on my profesionnal laptop, and a lot of things are blocked by the proxy. This may be the reason why.

@zdenek_hurak reply worked out for me, I am now using Visual Studio, and I managed to get the Julia extension without issues. I will stick to it.

Many thanks to both of you for your help!
Alex