[ANN] Juno 0.7

I had the same experience; I then uninstalled julia-client from Atom and typed in apm install julia-client from a command prompt as mentioned in the notes above and now it works nicely!

I uninstalled the julia-client in Atom. Opened the Julia command prompt and typed apm install julia-client, but i’m getting this error:

ERROR: syntax: extra token “install” after end of expression

EDIT: I tried install the Julia-Client through Atom (going to File>Settings>Install), and it worked, the Julia Command Prompt is back there. But i got this warning.

WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message enableplotpane.

A graphic i’m trying to plot isn’t appearing in the Plot Tab.

Don’t type it into the Julia prompt, just in a normal terminal session (cmd on Windows, e.g. bash on Unixes).

WARNING: Atom.jl: unrecognised message enableplotpane.

That sounds like you’re on an old version of Atom.jl, so please Pkg.update().

1 Like

I’m trying to use Juno with Julia v0.7.0-beta2 but it does not seem to retain my setting when I set the julia-path setting in Julia Client and always comes back to Julia v0.6.4. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something completely obvious but don’t know what it is. This is on Windows 8.

Did you specify an absolute path to the Julia 0.7 binary?

Yes I did.

So does the path setting itself change or are you just getting the wrong julia version?

I set julia-path in the julia-client settings to C:\Julia-0.7.0-beta2\bin\julia.exe

When I exit and restart Juno, it has reverted back to C:\Julia-0.6.4\bin\julia.exe

I have not changed the system path environmental variable so it may still point to v0.6.4. I use both JULIA_HOME and JULIA_BINDIR environment variables so I can use either v0.6.4 and v0.7.0 as needed.

Do you have multiple instances of Atom open at the same time? If so, please close them all, open one new window and try again.
If that doesn’t work then go to C:\Users\YourUserName\.atom\config.cson and change the "juliaPath" setting to C:\Julia-0.7.0-beta2\bin\julia.exe.

Only one instance open so that’s not it.

I’ll change the entry in the .cson file. I thought there was something like that but didn’t know where it was.

Thanks for your very prompt help.

After changing the JuliaPath entry in the config.cson file and doing add Juno in pkg3, Juno is now working for Julia v0.7.0-beta2. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

Two quick announcements:

1. Juno now works on Julia 1.0.
  2. We have a new website (which hopefully shows of more of the features Juno offers): http://junolab.org/

You’ll need to have

• julia-client on version 0.7.3
  • ink on version 0.9.4

installed on the Atom side and

• Atom.jl version 0.7.3
  • Juno.jl version 0.5.2

installed in Julia.

When updating, then call pkg> update in Julia and apm update in a terminal to update the Atom packages.

If you’re installing Juno for the first time, then just follow the installation instructions.

15 Likes

Does the debugging experience shown on the website work on Julia 1.0.0?
If not, could you state what is working and what is not working with Julia 1.0.0?

Thank You.

I have to install uber-juno after julia-client and ink in order to make it to work properly. I don’t understand why this is the case.

It does not, but everything else shown there should.

Is it at this point possible to use the git bash instead of the brain-dead Windows CMD?

Great news!

What are the current plans for the debugger in Juno?

1 Like

It looks to me that ASTInterpreter2 hasn’t been upgraded for 0.7/1.0 yet. I’d bet that’s the show stopper for the debugger. Looks like there is an open pull request for this though: https://github.com/Keno/ASTInterpreter2.jl/pull/26

1 Like

Any update on that? I really miss @enter

1 Like