WIN10, HOW TO switch (keyshort) from editor to REPL?

I am starting Julia with ATOM in WIN10, HOW TO switch (keyshort) from editor to REPL window ?
CTRL+j, CTRL+s , NOT WORKS :confused:

Not sure why you’d expect that to work – the correct shortcut is be Ctrl-J Ctrl-E (and the command is called Julia Client: Focus Last Editor).

Maybe some package to Atom is needed ?

If you have Juno correctly installed then you don’t need any other Atom package for that, no.

Like this :

That is Juno. Use Ctrl-J Ctrl-O to switch focus to the REPL and Ctrl-J Ctrl-E to get back to the latest used editor. If that doesn’t work then check that the keybindings are properly resolved by opening the keybinding resolver. Also try the command I mentioned above.

2 Likes

Maybe somthing wrong in deep of my system . typeof Cmd ? I not shure wahat mean Cmd

julia> x=O
O

julia> typeof(x)
Cmd

julia> y=y
y

julia> typeof(y)
Cmd

julia> y=“y”
“y”

julia> typeof(y)
String

In my setings:
(Is posble to edit the menu ?)

ctrl-j editor:join-lines atom-workspace atom-text-editor:not([mini])
ctrl-j ctrl-, julia-client:settings Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-c julia-client:clear-console Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-d julia-client:show-documentation Julia Client .platform-win32 .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”], .platform-linux .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”]
ctrl-j ctrl-e julia-client:focus-last-editor Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-g julia-client:goto-symbol Julia Client .platform-win32 .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”], .platform-linux .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”]
ctrl-j ctrl-k julia-client:kill-julia Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-m julia-client:set-working-module Julia Client .platform-win32 .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”], .platform-linux .item-views > atom-text-editor[data-grammar=“source julia”]
ctrl-j ctrl-m julia-client:set-working-module Julia Client .platform-win32 .julia-console.julia, .platform-win32 .julia-console.julia atom-text-editor, .platform-linux .julia-console.julia, .platform-linux .julia-console.julia atom-text-editor
ctrl-j ctrl-m julia-client:set-working-module Julia Client .platform-win32 .julia-terminal, .platform-linux .julia-terminal
ctrl-j ctrl-o julia-client:open-console Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-p julia-client:open-plot-pane Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-r julia-client:open-a-repl Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-s julia-client:start-julia Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace
ctrl-j ctrl-t julia-client:focus-last-terminal Julia Client .platform-win32 atom-workspace, .platform-linux atom-workspace

A couple of quick points:

• In discourse, when pasting multi-line code-blocks, you’ll want to use a tripple-back-quote (```) at the start of the line, followed by a newline. This will prevent characters like back-quote (`) from being interpreted wrongly (as in the bit of your comment I quoted).

• If you see something you’re not familiar with in the REPL:

julia> x= `O`
    `O`

julia> typeof(x)
    Cmd

then try using the built-in REPL help (press ? to get into help mode):

julia> x = `O`
    `O`

julia> typeof(x)
    Cmd

help?> Cmd
    search: Cmd @cmd chmod cumprod cumprod!

Cmd(cmd::Cmd; ignorestatus, detach, windows_verbatim, windows_hide, env, dir)

• You can also try searching the official docs (here is the section on “Running external programs”, which is very nicely detailed)

• Finally, if you find you have many of these “smaller” issues/questions, you might get faster responses on one of the “chat” communities (Slack, Gitter, or IRC).

1 Like

suddenly my productivity goes productivity *= 1000