Where are Julia users who want to meet up?

Willing to Organize: Sure!
Willing to Assist an Organizer: Yes
Topics of Interest: Optimization, Control, Robotics, Motion Planning, Collision Detection.

1 Like

Willing to Organize: Yes
Interests: Economics, Optimization, Statistics, Tooling

This could meet in downtown Vancouver or on the UBC campus, depending on if/which people decide to turn up. If you’re interested, you can respond here or email me at arnav.sood@ubc.ca.

Willing to Organize : Yes
Willing to Assist an Organizer : Yes
Interests : Numerical computing, finite element and boundary element methods

Respond via message or here.

Petr

Get in touch with SoCal Julia. We used to have meetings. I moved to Boston though so I’m not the one to organize anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a new Julia meetup in Boulder, CO. You can see the info here: Login to Meetup | Meetup

Would be great is more people came!

2 Likes

Interests: Optimization, Machine Learning, Probabilistic Programming, Graph Theory, Physics
Objective: Provide a local community that can help develop people’s understanding and usage of Julia

2 Likes

Interests: Optimization, Machine Learning, Probabilistic Programming, Graph Theory, Physics
Objective: Provide a local community that can help develop people’s understanding and usage of Julia

Just started the Melbourne meetup so I have to close down the Sydney meetup as I am moving cities.

https://www.meetup.com/Julia-Users-Melbourne-Meetup/

Please sign-up or help promote it.

Good move! although maybe not the best season for it… :wink:

Where were you thinking of holding meetups?

We haven’t got a venue yet although someone mentioned Melb Uni. Let me if you have a venue!

I’m at Melb uni so that would be perfect, although not until June.

I won’t be at Melbourne until Jun either

• Willing to Organize : Not in the next 2 months
  • Willing to Assist an Organizer : Yes
  • Willing to attend meetings in other German cities: In Bavaria, Saxony, Lower Saxony, Thuringia, Hessen: Yes
  • Topics of Interest : Numeric of differential equations, system/control engineering, Pure & Applied Mathematics, teaching/didactic, computer graphics, event-based simulation, open source
  • Willing to Organize : Yes
  • Topics of Interest : All domains (from hobbyist to professional)

We have a Meetup set up (https://www.meetup.com/Julia-User-Group-Freiburg/) and we are trying to meet in person once every 1-2 months. All interested persons from the broader area (including Switzerland and France) are welcome! :nerd_face:

3 Likes
  • Topics of Interest : Machine learning, statistics, data management, signal processing, chemistry, E&M/Optics, fluid mechanics/SPH, general algorithms, fun things.
1 Like

Willing to Organize : Yes
Willing to Assist an Organizer : Yes
Interests : Machine Learning, Probabilistic Programming, Public Survey Microdata (Census, BLS, etc.), Learning/Teaching Julia, and much more
Objective : Provide a local community that can help develop people’s understanding and usage of Julia

• Topics of Interest : Machine learning, statistics, data management. Data Wrangling
  • Topics of Interest : Computational math, Computational Microscopy, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Inverse problem

I made a github page for TN area here:
https://conguom.github.io/JuliaTN/

1 Like
  • Topics of Interest : GPU computing, distributed/parallel computing, neural networks, 3D graphics

@congUoM maybe we can plan some joint Memphis/Nashville meetups since we’re not too far away from each other? :smile:

1 Like

Hey sure! I know a couple of Memphis folks (at least 4 of them) who are interested in Julia too. We can definitely plan some meetup or official meeting. We should chat some time. :smiley: