VS Code extension v0.7.0-beta release

We now have a second release candidate here. Any feedback would be welcome.

Current plan is to release the final on Mon.

And we have third release candidate. Thanks to all the folks that keep updating and giving fantastic bug reports!!

Could you please add detailed release notes for each release on GitHub?
It will be easier to know what to expect (Bugs, features, etcā€¦).

Thank You.

And a fourth release candidate. You guys are fantastic with the bug reports, and @ZacLN is fixing them at lightning speed :slight_smile:

Release v0.7.0-rc.4 Ā· julia-vscode/julia-vscode Ā· GitHub has a rough outline of new features. If you want to get a very detailed view of what has changed between say release candidates, you are probably best of looking at the issue, PR and commit history.

2 Likes

Where are the Release Notes?

I mean small list:

New Features:
 * Feature A.
 * Feature B.

Fixed Issues:
 * Issue A.
 * Issue B.

This is open source development - you can expect features to work as announced but you canā€™t normally ask developers to chew readily available information for you.

1 Like

If Iā€™m asking for it it probably not ā€œreadily availableā€.
I donā€™t see the connection to Open Source project.

Most applications I use are Open Source.
Most of them share something like that (TeXStudo, LyX, Notpad++, LibreOffice, Spyder, NumPy, etcā€¦).

Just to make clear, Iā€™m not expecting.
Iā€™m asking for it and ā€œNoā€ is an answer as well.

Thank You.

And we have a fifth release candidate. New plan is to release that later today as the final to the marketplace (unless we find another showstopper bug).

3 Likes

Thanks for all the work on this! I recently discovered VS Code and this plugin, and it is now my go-to editor!

2 Likes