The Julia project will participate in "Google Code In" 2019

My name is Allen Joseph and I’ve been a Google Code-in Finalist.
I’m interested in helping you out!

WoW!! This is going to be Awesome. I would love to be a Google Code-In Mentor for Julia Project and help othera. Please consider me. Thankyou

Hello . Good to know that Julia is selected for Google Code-In 2019. I am a pre-final year student in Computer Science Engineering at Birla Institute of Technology, India. I am interested to apply as a mentor for the program. I have a stronghold on machine learning and mathematics. I am familiar with Julia code base and would like to contribute to the development of packages under Julia ecosystem. As a candidate with a strong academic background, relevant practical experiences, I am highly motivated and confident that I would prove myself as a valuable asset for the organization. Please add me to the google doc. Thanks.

LinkedIn- https://www.linkedin.com/in/raj-ratn-pranesh-382155172/

1 Like

Hello, I am Anukriti, a junior undergraduate pursuing Computer Science and Engineering from IGDTUW, Delhi, India. I am passionate about Machine Learning and Deep Learning and have implemented several projects in this domain. I am also somewhat familiar with Julia codebase. I am keenly interested in being a mentor for Google Code-In 2019, and helping in any way I can. Please help me with the further steps, thank you!

I’d like to be a mentor. Yaaaay!
I did this year’s GSoC too so I’m pretty comfortable working on large code bases :slight_smile:

This is great news!

I am interested.
I have experience guiding students (I am teacher in the University, with CS and Programming background, and also involve in the open-source community). Could you please add me to the Google Doc? Thanks in advance.

I’d like to help out in any way possible!

Please add me to the Google Doc, really interested to mentor the students for GCI 2019.

Hi there,
I’m interested in becoming Mentor for GCI 2019!

Hi, I would love to be a mentor for Google Code-in. Could you please add me to the channel and share the Google Doc?

@avik I am interested in mentoring students for GCI’19.

Wow, it’s really amazing to see Julia in GCI. I would like to be a mentor too. I was previously a GSoC student for JuliaAstro. This will help me be active in the Julia community :slight_smile:

I am an active contributor to open-source software! I would love to be a mentor in GCI’19. I have experience in teaching fellow students in the fields of Machine Learning and Mobile Engineering. I am also head of mobile in IOSD which is one of the biggest organizations in Delhi related to tech. I am also proud to tell that I was the winner of the Harvard-Hackathon developed an ML integrated food app.

Github: https://github.com/siddharth952

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/siddharth952/

Hi I am Rahul, I am looking forward to helping and guiding students in Google Code-In 2019 as Mentor. I had already worked for Python-based organizations like, LiberTEM, and FOSSASIA on their various open-source projects. I am right now working and getting hands-on experience on Tensorflow/Keras/Flutter. Some of my projects are already posted on my GitHub Id: https://github.com/irahulcse.

I am an active contributor to open-source software! I would love to be a mentor in GCI’19. I have experience in teaching fellow students in the fields of Machine Learning.I am majoring in computer science.Currently I am involved in Build for Digital India Program by Google and the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology as a student developer.My interests lies in Machine learning and deep learning.I would be happy to help out as a mentor.

Thank you all for your interest, it’s really gratifying to see so many people willing to help. We’ve had a good mix of veteran Julians and new users as mentors, which is great. To keep to the mix however, I think we will pause accepting any more mentors who are new to Julia. We do need more mentors who have some experience of Julia to help with advanced tasks, but I think for the moment we have enough new users as mentors.

Thanks once again for everyone who has offerred to help, old and new. I was apprehensive at the beginning about participating, but it looks like we will have an great program.

Regards

Avik

3 Likes

I am interested to mentor Google Code In ’19 this time. I request you
to accept my request and send me an invite. I have good exposure
towards Machine Learning. I have done several courses and projects in
Machine Learning. I do believe this mentorship chance will gain me a
good experience

I know it is too late. But I am really eager to be a part of it. Kindly go through my application and let me in

LinkedIn Profile - linkedin.com/in/kailash-s-063207150

Github account - https://github.com/SK7here

Over the last couple of months, 212 young people have completed over 690 tasks using Julia as part of the Google Code-In program. You may have seen PR’s to your projects, or blog posts around the internet.

With this being the first year that we’ve participated in the program, I was apprehensive to begin with, but I think it’s been a tremendous success. It was certainly a lot of effort – thanks to our amazing set of mentors who stepped up to help and guide the students. It wouldn’t have been possible without your participation.I know it was a substantial commitment in time for many of you.

A special shout out has to go to Logan Kilpatrick, who’s been the rock on which this program has run over the past two months. The amount of time and energy Logan has put into this is amazing. He’s been all over this, every day.

And finally, a huge thank you and congratulations to all the students who completed tasks in Julia. I do hope you learned a lot, about technology and community, and had fun at the same time. I know some of you have continuted contributing beyond the set tasks, and I do hope to see many of you continuing in our community in the years to come. Maybe some of you will come back in GCI and GSoC in future years. I also know many of you are preparing college applications, so good luck with that.

Regards

Avik

27 Likes

Hi! I just want to take this opportunity to give my biggest thank you to all the mentors who helped me with the tasks I’ve completed: Avik, Logan, Chris, Dhairya, Karajan, Mose, Ayush, Alex, Kartikey, Rohit, Sascha, Tom, Cormullion, Abhinav, and Anshul. Thank you so much for volunteering and taking your spare time to help guide me and I certainly wouldn’t be where I am without the help of you guys. I only starting programming a couple of months ago and I’ve learned so much about open source development. At the start of GCI, I had no idea what to expect and what GitHub even was! I remember on the first days, I was struggling to create a Pull Request and was very confused with the terminology, and perhaps, everything. There were many times when I almost gave up, but thanks to all of you, I was able to keep up and pull through almost 2 months of GCI. Also, thanks for tolerating and answering all of our questions on slack, task instances, and DMs and putting up with all of that jazz. Unfortunately, this is my last year of GCI (I’ll be too old next time!) and I will truly miss the routine of it, however, I’m looking forward to contributing more to Julia in the coming months and years, and hopefully become a mentor for future GCI and GSoC events. I’m also trying to plan to go to JuliaCon 2020 and share my experiences as a rather young person in the ecosystem. As you might know, “Once part of Julia, always part of Julia”. :hearts: Hope to continue seeing all of you!

Regards,
kfung, GCI’19

14 Likes