Stipple: Reactive data dashboards with Julia [WIP]

Hi @everyone! I’m very excited to share a preview of Genie Builder, the no-code data app builder for Genie Framework and Stipple. We’ll release the free beta in a few days.

32 Likes

You can sign up here to join the beta in order to provide feedback and be notified about new releases here: Form

6 Likes

Very impressive. I don’t have much time now, but I’m very anxious to learn this.

1 Like

I was playing a bit with Genie and Stipple lately, just to get familiar with it. I am really impressed by the quality of the project, @essenciary

Very excited to take a loot at this!

1 Like

Hi!

A quick and exciting update: we’ve just released Genie Builder (beta), our free VSCode plugin that helps you build interactive web GUIs for your Genie/Julia apps without writing code. With Genie Builder, you can just drag & drop UI elements such as text, sliders, data tables, and plots to create data apps in minutes without worrying about the front-end code.

Click here to check it out.

Here’s a quick guide to get you started: :point_right:Genie Builder - Quick Start Tutorial - YouTube

Don’t miss our JuliaCon talk on July 29 for a more detailed tutorial.

If you find Genie Builder useful, you can join our Discord for support, feedback, and feature requests. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

Thank you,

Adrian

33 Likes

Game changer!

3 Likes

In VsCode, The genie builder server status changes to Stopped every time I am not in the Explorer Sidebar and move to another sidebar.

Wow, that’s very strange - can you please share more info about your setup (OS, VSCode version). Maybe can you capture a quick video of the UI doing this? Thank you!

Hi, thank you for making Julia even more fun to use. Please, let me ask a question about StipplePlotly Choropleth Maps. If I have custom geojson data, how to use it with
# const PLOT_TYPE_CHOROPLETHMAPBOX = “choroplethmapbox”

Keep up your great work Adrian (@essenciary) and sorry for eventually being in the wrong thread. Iuppiter Optimus Maximus.

1 Like

@risk for now we only have demo for CSV data with Choropleth: StippleDemos/CHOROPLETH.jl at master · GenieFramework/StippleDemos · GitHub

mapbox one is not supported yet. I tried fixing it but something is off with mapbox tokens: PlotLayoutGeo support by AbhimanyuAryan · Pull Request #39 · GenieFramework/StipplePlotly.jl · GitHub

I will open this is an issue and take another dig on to it. Infact support for mapbox is the only last option I want StipplePlotly struct based API to have

Can you use Mapbox tokens with PlotlyBase? If yes StipplePlotly also supports PlotlyBase API. You can use that instead

2 Likes

Thank you @AbhimanyuAryan ! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Quick update: you can now enjoy the new Stipple Reactive API as part of the GenieBuilder no-code experience. Download/update the plugin from within VSCode or at Genie Builder - Visual Studio Marketplace

:white_check_mark: Uses the new Genie Framework API by default, to cut the amount of code in half

:white_check_mark: Improved no-code editor: list and interact with the binding variables, improved look and feel, bug fixes, and more!

:white_check_mark: Built-in package manager for your apps, offering an easy to use UI for Julia’s Pkg

:white_check_mark: Greatly simplified app structure (2 files: one backend, one UI).

More details: Genie Builder v0.2: speed up your Julia app development

15 Likes

Hi everybody! Happy to announce a new milestone for GenieFramework! :mega:

The private beta of Genie Cloud, our no-code platform to quickly build and deploy Genie web apps, is now open for registration! :tada:

Check out the announcement thread here: Announcing Genie Cloud (Private Beta), the no-code platform to quickly build and deploy Genie apps

:white_check_mark: Visit the website to learn more and register for a free account at https://www.geniecloud.io/

:video_camera: Get the scoop with a quick demo video Genie Cloud Demo - YouTube

13 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Using genie to represent real time (1 sec) updates of a data structure

A post was merged into an existing topic: Using genie to represent real time (1 sec) updates of a data structure