Sales Engineering and customer facing roles at Julia Computing

Hello all — we at Julia Computing are looking for a sales engineer to help support our team and customers as we continue to grow and build out JuliaHub and JuliaHub Enterprise. Come work with us!

Julia is an open source language for mathematical computing and artificial intelligence, which has been downloaded over 25 million times and is growing rapidly worldwide. Julia Computing is a company founded by all of the co-creators of Julia to provide Julia products and services. Learn more about us at www.juliacomputing.com.

Job duties and responsibilities

• Prepare and present technical demonstrations of JuliaHub.com to prospective customers.
  • Communicate with customers to understand demands, allay concerns, and offer sales support where necessary.
  • Establish rapport and acceptance for landing new customers.
  • Work with customers and the product team to ensure success.
  • Plan for modifications to products to meet customer requirements and demands.
  • Help customers identify and solve problems with product usage while driving expansion.

Education, Expertise and Experience Required

• A bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, or related technical disciplines
  • 3+ years of experience with cloud solutions on AWS platforms (certifications a plus)
  • Strong knowledge of at least one dynamic programming language (of course :julia: preferred)
  • Outstanding communication and presentation skills

Location: Boston or remote within the US; may require some travel.

Please apply at our Careers page if interested. I’m happy to answer questions about the role or the company on Slack, Zulip, or email (mbauman@juliacomputing.com)

9 Likes

Folks,

We have various open positions at Julia Computing. Please see:
https://juliacomputing.com/careers/

In general, for customer facing roles like sales engineering and professional services, I thought it would be worthwhile for me to say that it is not essential that someone have exactly that kind of experience in order to apply.

If you enjoy working with Julia, and would like to build a career helping others get into Julia - please come talk to us or apply through the portal above. You can find me and @mbauman both on our slack if you’d like to discuss what these customer facing positions entail. For these roles, we are looking for people who are good with Julia, like working with other people, and have good communication skills. So if that is you, or you know someone who might fit the bill, do reach out!

-viral

7 Likes