Running multiple Julia sessions simultaneously

Hello,

I did a little research online and did not find the answer I was looking for.
I would like to run two Julia sessions on my mac and am not sure if this is feasible.
My friend suggested that I run one session on VSCode and the other on Terminal, which seems to do the trick. Still, I would like to receive confirmation that the two sessions would not interfere with each other.
In addition, I wonder if there is an easier way to run two or more sessions simultaneously.

Thanks!

You can run as many as you want. No issues except for RAM/CPU limits of your computer.

1 Like

Yeah, you can run as many from as many terminal windows as you want. You also might want to look at Julia’s capabilities for distributed programming which essentially works by running a bunch of independent instances of Julia to efficiently use multiple CPUs or cores.

1 Like

i run multiple julia sessions in different terminal windows all the time. the only problem i occasionally have is that sometimes the history file is corrupted. but that is easy to fix either by deleting it entirely, or deleting just the portion that is bad.

1 Like

One thing to be aware of is the need to do package-manager operations sequentially:
see discussion in this issue for details.

2 Likes