Plotting broken?

After upgrading (in Atom + Juno on Ubuntu 19.04 inside VirtualBox) julia-client from 0.10.1 to 0.11.2, uber-juno from 0.2.0 to 0.3.0 I find the following problem. Any help?

julia> using Plots

julia> plot(1:5)

Error showing value of type Plots.Plot{Plots.GRBackend}:

ERROR: ArgumentError: broadcasting over dictionaries and NamedTuples is reserved

Stacktrace:

[1] broadcastable(::Dict{String,Any}) at ./broadcast.jl:660

[2] broadcasted(::Function, ::Dict{String,Any}, ::Int64) at ./broadcast.jl:1213

[3] plotsize() at /home/alex/.julia/packages/Atom/BVajq/src/frontend.jl:21

[4] plotpane_io_ctx(::Base.GenericIOBuffer{Array{UInt8,1}}) at /home/alex/.julia/packages/Atom/BVajq/src/display/showdisplay.jl:

5

[5] displayinplotpane(::Plots.Plot{Plots.GRBackend}) at /home/alex/.julia/packages/Atom/BVajq/src/display/showdisplay.jl:55

[6] display(::Atom.JunoDisplay, ::Plots.Plot{Plots.GRBackend}) at /home/alex/.julia/packages/Atom/BVajq/src/display/showdisplay.jl:102

[7] display(::Any) at ./multimedia.jl:323

[8] #invokelatest#1 at ./essentials.jl:790 [inlined]

[9] invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:789 [inlined]

[10] print_response(::IO, ::Any, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Any) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/REPL.jl:156

[11] print_response(::REPL.AbstractREPL, ::Any, ::Bool, ::Bool) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/REPL.jl:141

[12] (::getfield(REPL, Symbol("#do_respond#38")){Bool,getfield(Atom, Symbol("##178#179")),REPL.LineEditREPL,REPL.LineEdit.Prompt})(::Any, ::Any, ::Any) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/REPL.jl:718

[13] #invokelatest#1 at ./essentials.jl:790 [inlined]

[14] invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:789 [inlined]

[15] run_interface(::REPL.Terminals.TextTerminal, ::REPL.LineEdit.ModalInterface, ::REPL.LineEdit.MIState) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/LineEdit.jl:2306

[16] run_frontend(::REPL.LineEditREPL, ::REPL.REPLBackendRef) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/REPL.jl:1038

[17] run_repl(::REPL.AbstractREPL, ::Any) at /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/REPL/src/REPL.jl:201

[18] (::getfield(Base, Symbol("##737#739")){Bool,Bool,Bool,Bool})(::Module) at ./client.jl:390

[19] #invokelatest#1 at ./essentials.jl:790 [inlined]

[20] invokelatest at ./essentials.jl:789 [inlined]

[21] run_main_repl(::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool, ::Bool) at ./client.jl:374

[22] exec_options(::Base.JLOptions) at ./client.jl:312

[23] _start() at ./client.jl:464

I just ran into the same problem on Windows 10 with heatmap.

The same problem…

I was able to fix the problem by deleting my ~/.julia directory and doing Pkg.add(“Plots”) after everything else rebuilt upon launching Julia. I’m sure there’s a better way to do it, but that worked for me.