New package tag not showing up in registry

Hi all,

I’ve updated a package so it is compatible with Julia v1.0 (the package is DependentBootstrap). I’ve tagged the latest version of the package, and if I navigate to the github webpage, the new tag (v1.0) shows up and I can view the updated code in the web browser, so as near as I can tell the remote is all up to date. I did all this about a week ago.

I have attobot installed for the package (and have had it for at least a year - and I double checked it is still there now). My understanding is that attobot takes care of updating the registry so the latest tag shows up. However, I just downloaded the most recent binary for Julia v1.0, and checked ~/.julia/registries/General/D/DependentBootstrap/Versions.toml, and the new tag has not shown up there. Any ideas what has gone wrong?

Cheers,

Colin

It looks like you tagged it without creating a new release.
Click on the tag, select delete.
Choose draft a new release
give it the version v1.0 and put DependentBootstrap.jl (for v1) in the label.
That should get it to the Metadata review. Wait about 2 days (1-3).

Okay that makes sense. I’m pretty sure I tagged it in GitKraken without creating a release. Didn’t realize the release part was what triggered attobot. Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Colin

Yep attobot immediately triggered the this time when I did it via github in a web browser. Thanks again.