Juliaup not working

Hi everyone,

I installed juliaup yesterday on my Mac and it worked fine. However, today I am having trouble initializing the desired release.

If I go to my terminal and type juliaup status I get:

However, if I type julia +release~x64 I get the following error:

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Miguel.

I am not a juliaup user but could it be that you are calling a previous installation of julia? what does type julia return in the shell?

Hi,

type julia in the terminal returns:
Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 4.20.43 PM

1 Like

Yeah to me it sounds like that one is conflicting. By any chance you had installed julia using homebrew or some other method? Can you try and uninstall that one?

1 Like

No I haven’t. What puzzles me is that it was working yesterday but not today and nothing new has been installed today.

It somehow starts Julia with a file parameter => julia tries to open a julia script file called +release~x64 instead of running the specified version of julia. Seems to be some kind of a bug.
Perhaps you can try to add it again with

juliaup add release~x64

afterwards in the same shell try again

julia +release~x64

to see if there is something which gets lost when restarting the system. I can’t check because I don’t have a Mac. pinging @davidanthoff

This definitely looks like there is a non-Juliaup julia on the PATH (namely in /usr/local/bin/julia) and that is being called when you just type julia instead of the julia that comes with Juliaup. You can try type juliaup, see where that is installed and in that same folder there should also be a julia, and that is the one that needs to launch.

3 Likes