Juliaup Issue - No Detection of Julilaup

Hello,

I’m new to Julia and have been trying to figure out why Julia REPL won’t recognize any juliaup commands. I downloaded Julia on Windows through Microsoft Store which to my knowledge is supposed to include juliaup as well. Today I had a message within Julia REPL asking me to update Julia to the latest release with “juliaup update”, however, whenever I type any juliaup commands such as “juliaup status” or “juliaup update” I am just given a syntax error relating to “extra token” for any word after juliaup (picture of error attached).

I decided to uninstall and re-install Julia to get this latest release but I am still having the same issues with Juliaup so I assume I won’t be able to easily update again in the future and would really like to solve this problem to avoid this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
JuliaUp Error

1 Like

juliaup is used at the command line. Not within the Julia REPL. That message you saw about updating was printed outside of the REPL before the REPL started up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! You’re correct. I just tried your suggestion and got all of the expected output using juliaup from the command line. Thanks again!

2 Likes