JuliaCon 2021 Proceedings

Hi everyone,

as indicated by the recent call for proposals here on discourse we are slowly approaching JuliaCon 2021. On behalf of the editorial board, it is my pleasure to announce that, for the third time in a row, there will be JuliaCon conference proceedings!

For presenters at JuliaCon this means the opportunity to submit supplementary articles next to their talk or poster contributions which, after passing through an open peer-review process, will be published in our academic journal. Generally, we accept “extended abstracts” (1 page + references ) and “full-sized papers” (5-10 pages). Please consult our (brand-new/WIP) proceedings guide for more information.

The important dates:

September 10th: Article submission deadline.

Mid-october: Paper must be finalized & compilable. Authors should suggest a set of reviewers.

October-June : Review period.

July 2022: Latest publication date.

See you all at JuliaCon 2021!

Kind regards,

Carsten, Valentin, Mathieu, and Ranjan,
JuliaCon proceedings editors

PS: If you are interested in volunteering as an editor or reviewer please don’t hesitate to contact one of us!

(@vchuravy @mbesancon @ranjan)

21 Likes

Let me kindly bump this for people that have recently received notification that there JuliaCon submissions have been accepted. You might want to consider supplementing your talk with a publication in our conference journal!

5 Likes

Hi all,

now that JuliaCon 2021 is over (:cry:), let me bump this once more. If you gave a talk at JuliaCon, for example about a cool new package, you might want to consider writing a brief (or long) paper about it and submitting it to our very own JuliaCon Proceedings. Deadline is the 10th of September, see the OP above.

Looking forward to you submissions!

Best,
Carsten

11 Likes

Can you clarify what this entails? If the review process starts with the finalisation of the paper mid-October, what should be the character of the September submission?

First of all, let me say that the review process will start as soon as possible (I’m actually already looking for reviewers for a submission that came in early.).
When people submit their article, say on deadline day, it often takes a bit of time before the review process can actually start because, for example, Whedon (the JOSS bot) won’t compile the paper or other technical issues come up. These things should be fixed by (no later than) mid-october. So you should think of the mid-october deadline as “we want to move to review stage with all submissions by then”.
The September 10th submission deadline is really about the article itself. As explained above, final LaTeX template issues and other such things can be fixed after this deadline.

Hope this clarifies things a bit! (I’ll try to sharpen our deadlines / conditions next year! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

2 Likes

We are extending the proceedings deadline to September 31st

3 Likes

Small correction: 30th of September, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like