JuliaCon 2020 T-Shirt sales are live + Julia Stickers!

Thanks for the explanation and all your work. I was just surprised by the packaging to Europe – and it will be late for the Juliacon, but well, I still want to have it as a memory.

3 Likes

Doing the ecologically right thing is difficult, and in this case my ecological worry would be about the other half of the T-shirts. I do not really see any problems with polyester if properly disposed of (and actually even if not). But cotton – it has probably the worst ecological impact of all crops worldwide.

2 Likes

Just a headsup, the Julia stickers I ordered arrived - except they were… not julia stickers??? I got someone elses and they are holographic pictures of some dreadlocked young woman??? Something tells me they had a hard time keeping up with the promotion :rofl: .

Knowing my luck I am the only person in the universe this happened too… Ordered a book and had it sent 600 miles away… Two scam networks targeting me trying to steal my identity, and now I can’t even get my dang stickers! Strange week…

1 Like

They might still be Julia stickers, I suppose.

6 Likes

Very odd. Hopefully their support can help. Sticker mule is no mom and pop operation so I would be supposed if we put any meaningful strain on their operations.

1 Like

Well in a positive light, maybe someone now has a nice pile of stickers and may inquire about them and learn about a cool programming language?

Yea not sure Logan all I know is I now have a pile someones hard photoshop work. There’s emoji hearts all over it and everything. And like Matt said, for all I know I did receive Julia stickers :rofl:.

2 Likes

Good customer service they fixed it and issued a new shipment in < 4 hrs. Wow.

4 Likes

Glad to hear that!

1 Like

Shipping Charge for India is * $69.00. I didn’t expect this :frowning:

The shipping costs $69.00 USD?

Yes, you can check it out on their portal for India.

Perfect timing! Just switched my laptop and currently in need of a new Julia sticker :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just ordered a t-shirt, a mug, and 10 stickers! :slight_smile:
:julia: :julia: :julia:

4 Likes

According to Shipping Rates | Bonfire Help Center
international shipping is 9.99 USD, which is expensive but not 69 USD.

1 Like

I was charged twice for the cost of the mug (but in the order and the confirmation email I received there is only one), am I the only one to whom this happened? Maybe it’s just a pre-authorisation and the cost of the extra mug will be refunded when the purchase is finalised? I’m checking whether the same happened to others before getting in touch with bonfire support