Issues with installing Atom package

Hi Julia Users, This is my first post and I’m afraid it won’t be very interesting and is basically selfish, however, I’m following the instructions I received from the Atom dashboard and really want to run Julia in Atom/Juno…

I was able to successfully install Atom and Juno on my machine. When I went to test some Julia code in the editor, Julia stopped and the following message came up.

Error installing Atom.jl package
Go to the Packages → Julia → Open Terminal menu and
run Pkg.add("Atom") in Julia, then try again.
If you still see an issue, please report it to:
julia-users@googlegroups.com

I tried to install Atom using the command Pkg.add(“Atom”) in the Julia command line, but I got the error pasted below.

_
   _       _ _(_)_     |  A fresh approach to technical computing
  (_)     | (_) (_)    |  Documentation: http://docs.julialang.org
   _ _   _| |_  __ _   |  Type "?help" for help.
  | | | | | | |/ _` |  |
  | | |_| | | | (_| |  |  Version 0.5.0 (2016-09-19 18:14 UTC)
 _/ |\__'_|_|_|\__'_|  |  Official http://julialang.org/ release
|__/                   |  x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0

julia> Pkg.add("Atom")
ERROR: unsatisfiable package requirements detected: no feasible version could be found for package: Compat
  (you may try increasing the value of the
   JULIA_PKGRESOLVE_ACCURACY environment variable)
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}) at ./pkg/resolve.jl:37
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,VersionNumber}, ::Set{String}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:495
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:476
 in edit(::Function, ::String, ::Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet, ::Vararg{Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet,N}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:30
 in (::Base.Pkg.Entry.##2#5{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet})() at ./task.jl:360
 in sync_end() at ./task.jl:311
 in macro expansion at ./task.jl:327 [inlined]
 in add(::String, ::Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet) at ./pkg/entry.jl:51
 in (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#add,Tuple{String}})() at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#add,Tuple{String}}, ::String) at ./file.jl:59
 in #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N}) at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in add(::String) at ./pkg/pkg.jl:100

I would be very grateful for any assistance or guidance with this issue.

1. Try JuliaPro, which will make the setup easier.
  2. If for some reason you don’t want to do that, use at least v0.5.1.
1 Like

There’s a package resolver issue in v0.5; you can find similar postings. AFAIK, this issue will be fixed in 0.5.2.