Issues with installing Atom package


#1

Hi Julia Users, This is my first post and I’m afraid it won’t be very interesting and is basically selfish, however, I’m following the instructions I received from the Atom dashboard and really want to run Julia in Atom/Juno…

I was able to successfully install Atom and Juno on my machine. When I went to test some Julia code in the editor, Julia stopped and the following message came up.

Error installing Atom.jl package
Go to the Packages → Julia → Open Terminal menu and
run Pkg.add("Atom") in Julia, then try again.
If you still see an issue, please report it to:
julia-users@googlegroups.com

I tried to install Atom using the command Pkg.add(“Atom”) in the Julia command line, but I got the error pasted below.

               _
   _       _ _(_)_     |  A fresh approach to technical computing
  (_)     | (_) (_)    |  Documentation: http://docs.julialang.org
   _ _   _| |_  __ _   |  Type "?help" for help.
  | | | | | | |/ _` |  |
  | | |_| | | | (_| |  |  Version 0.5.0 (2016-09-19 18:14 UTC)
 _/ |\__'_|_|_|\__'_|  |  Official http://julialang.org/ release
|__/                   |  x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0

julia> Pkg.add("Atom")
ERROR: unsatisfiable package requirements detected: no feasible version could be found for package: Compat
  (you may try increasing the value of the
   JULIA_PKGRESOLVE_ACCURACY environment variable)
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}) at ./pkg/resolve.jl:37
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}, ::Dict{String,VersionNumber}, ::Set{String}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:495
 in resolve(::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet}, ::Dict{String,Dict{VersionNumber,Base.Pkg.Types.Available}}, ::Dict{String,Tuple{VersionNumber,Bool}}, ::Dict{String,Base.Pkg.Types.Fixed}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:476
 in edit(::Function, ::String, ::Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet, ::Vararg{Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet,N}) at ./pkg/entry.jl:30
 in (::Base.Pkg.Entry.##2#5{String,Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet})() at ./task.jl:360
 in sync_end() at ./task.jl:311
 in macro expansion at ./task.jl:327 [inlined]
 in add(::String, ::Base.Pkg.Types.VersionSet) at ./pkg/entry.jl:51
 in (::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#add,Tuple{String}})() at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in cd(::Base.Pkg.Dir.##2#3{Array{Any,1},Base.Pkg.Entry.#add,Tuple{String}}, ::String) at ./file.jl:59
 in #cd#1(::Array{Any,1}, ::Function, ::Function, ::String, ::Vararg{Any,N}) at ./pkg/dir.jl:31
 in add(::String) at ./pkg/pkg.jl:100

I would be very grateful for any assistance or guidance with this issue.


#2
  1. Try JuliaPro, which will make the setup easier.
  2. If for some reason you don’t want to do that, use at least v0.5.1.

#3

There’s a package resolver issue in v0.5; you can find similar postings. AFAIK, this issue will be fixed in 0.5.2.