Is anyone else doing Halite III? There is a Julia starter kit on it.
Didn’t you have problem to run Julia starter bot? It just freeze in the initialization phase on my Ubuntu…
I guess I am just doing something wrong (python starter bot is working like a charm).
Yeah the Julia bot is for Halite 2 not 3. Need some updating
It’s working for me on Windows 10.
What did you download? (me https://halite.io/assets/downloads/Halite3_Julia_None.zip) Which version of Julia (1.0.2-pre.110) do you use?
I had problem for example with
# file networking.jl around line 17 log(s::String, io=io) = (@info s; flush(io))
where Julia wanted explicitly imported
Base.log. What did I do wrong?
I also followed the readme to instantiate the repo
I had a bit of trouble getting the halite.exe to work, missing a windows dll or unable to find it
Best submission was around a score/rank of 39
Also there’s another comp here- https://www.kaggle.com/c/traveling-santa-2018-prime-paths
If I did not start bot from hand (means outside halite(.exe) tool) then starting it through halite(.exe) I used to get something like this:
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile JSON [682c06a0-de6a-54ab-a142-c8b1cf79cde6] to ~/.julia/compiled/v1.0/JSON/uf6oy.ji
By starting bot from hand it created ~/.julia/compiled/v1.0/JSON/uf6oy.ji and don’t need to recreate it again in competition simulation. So halite(.exe) start to work with bot.
BTW. I am surprised that in different projects (with different version dependency!) it try to create same name
uf6oy.ji . I suspect that it could be problem to running parallel two projects with different JSON version dependencies…
Precompile into file:
julia> using JSON [ Info: Recompiling stale cache file ~/.julia/compiled/v1.0/JSON/uf6oy.ji for JSON [682c06a0-de6a-54ab-a142-c8b1cf79cde6]
(v1.0) pkg> pin JSON@0.19.0 Resolving package versions... Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Project.toml` [682c06a0] ↓ JSON v0.20.0 ⇒ v0.19.0 ⚲ Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Manifest.toml` [682c06a0] ↓ JSON v0.20.0 ⇒ v0.19.0 ⚲
Restart Julia. And now different version of JSON precompile into same file
julia> julia> using JSON [ Info: Recompiling stale cache file ~/.julia/compiled/v1.0/JSON/uf6oy.ji for JSON [682c06a0-de6a-54ab-a142-c8b1cf79cde6]
BTW I was suprised too that by
free JSON it didn’t go back to
(v1.0) pkg> free JSON Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Project.toml` [682c06a0] ~ JSON v0.19.0 ⚲ ⇒ v0.19.0 Updating `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Manifest.toml` [682c06a0] ~ JSON v0.19.0 ⚲ ⇒ v0.19.0