An unofficial Julia library to communicate with Itead Nextion displays
Itead Nextion display is a Human Machine Interface (HMI) solution combining a TFT touch display with an onboard processor and memory.
User interface can be defined using a free and downloadable editor software (unfortunately closed source and Windows only).
This library is just a work in progress. A lot of work is still necessary to make it fully usable.
Callbacks are, for example, currently not supported.
Communication between a computer running Julia and Nextion is performed using serial communication and LibSerialPort.jl library - thanks Andrew Adare for fixing / updating it
What is necessary to test this library?
To use this library you will need:
- a Nextion intelligent display
- a USB TTL converter (such as those using Prolific PL2303 or Silicon Labs CP2102 or FTDI FT232RL chip)
- or a computer with TTL output such as Rasperry Pi but probably many others single-board computers (SBC) with Universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART).
- Julia >= 0.7 and LibSerialPort.jl
Please follow the following wiring:
- Red wire 5V
- Black wire GND
- Yellow wire (between Nextion RX and USB TTL TX or SBC TX)
- Blue wire (between Nextion TX and USB TTL RX or SBC RX)
Do it at your own *risk*! Bad wiring can result in damaging the Nextion display, the USB converter or maybe more. If you don't know what you are doing, it's maybe safer not to try!