Hey all I tried kicking off some of the bones of a SWIRL like package in Julia. Basically you get someone totally new to julia to download a package which hand holds them through various lessons. So they can learn interactively. The goal is just to get someone to be dangerous enough that they could do the basics after completing the lessons.
The code is pretty messy, because … I don’t have a lot of time for this and am viewing it completely as a prototype right now. But I don’t think I should be the one spear-heading it either. Many of you are way better at writing Julia, and instructing others how to learn Julia.
- Any suggestions to make the thing better?
- Anything you’d personally like to see?
- Contributors are Welcome!
- Valuable contributions might be things like…
- how to get REPL activity(left arrow doesn’t work so users will struggle to correct their inputs, etc)
- Better color schemes
- cleaner syntax/design(I don’t like how I am including *.jl files as lessons)
Once that’s squared away we’ll need writers/sharers
- People to design and make some basic lesson plans
- Then some exposure… Sharing the tool so people don’t think you need an elite background to use the language effectively.