[ANN] Juno 0.12

I have the same problem with Windows10 and Julia 1.31. It does execute the script as soon as I enter something in the terminal, but otherwise will not.

Thanks, apm update works fine.

I can repro that bug on Windows. Will try to get a fix out asap.

Atom.jl 0.12.5 will fix the issue. Turns out the F16 key doesn’t work on Windows…

Works now, thank you!

1 Like

Never even heard of the F16 key so far :slight_smile: All keyboards that I’ve used were limited to 12 function keys.

1 Like

Me either - I guess the next step is to go to 32 keys, so we can hit F32!

I’m afraid Atom keeps crashing. I don’t know if any error reports are being sent.
Windows 10, all up-to-date.

F13-F24 is usually entered using F1-F12 and a modifier. Check your OS docs or search the net on how to enable this.

1 Like

You people must have really old computers! I’ve had up to F64 for years. I use it for entering ComplexF64 numbers, among other things.

3 Likes

:wink:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/x11proto/tree/keysymdef.h#n246

We’ve not found a keyboard with more than 35 function keys total.

2 Likes

I was trying to track that down, but at some point it stopped happening on my Windows machine…

That’s why I was trying to use that as a special char to keep the REPL busy during inline evaluation. Turns out Windows doesn’t like \e[29~ (F16), but can deal with e.g. \e[21~ (F10).

Just a quick update: Atom.jl 0.12.6 is out and should fix a bunch of deadlock/crash issues. Make sure to update asap (don’t forget to unpin Atom.jl if you reverted back to 0.12.3 temporarily).

5 Likes

Found something else. I have updated to Atom.jl 0.12.6.

[Steps to reproduce:]

1. Start a new Julia session.
  2. Kill it directly after.

Atom: 1.42.0 x64
Electron: 4.2.7
Thrown From: julia-client package 0.12.2

Stack Trace

Uncaught Error: Pty seems to have been killed already

At C:\Users\USERNAME\.atom\packages\julia-client\node_modules\node-pty-prebuilt-multiarch\lib\windowsPtyAgent.js:160

Error: Pty seems to have been killed already
    at WindowsPtyAgent.kill (/packages/julia-client/node_modules/node-pty-prebuilt-multiarch/lib/windowsPtyAgent.js:160:29)
    at /packages/julia-client/node_modules/node-pty-prebuilt-multiarch/lib/windowsTerminal.js:148:26)
    at WindowsTerminal._defer (/packages/julia-client/node_modules/node-pty-prebuilt-multiarch/lib/windowsTerminal.js:155:24)
    at WindowsTerminal.kill (/packages/julia-client/node_modules/node-pty-prebuilt-multiarch/lib/windowsTerminal.js:143:14)
    at Object.kill (/packages/julia-client/lib/connection/process/basic.js:125:20)
    at /packages/julia-client/lib/connection/local.coffee:77:12)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:182:13)
    at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:82:8)
    at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:50:3)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

Commands

-0:25.7.0 julia-client:run-all (input.hidden-input)
     -0:25.7.0 autocomplete-plus:cancel (atom-text-editor.editor.is-focused)
     -0:25.7.0 inline-results:clear-all (atom-text-editor.editor.is-focused)
     -0:14.1.0 julia-client:kill-julia (input.hidden-input)

Non-Core Packages

atom-dark-fusion-syntax 2.2.1 
cobalt2-syntax 0.5.3 
cobolt-atom-theme 0.3.3 
indent-detective 0.4.0 
ink 0.12.2 
julia-client 0.12.2 
language-julia 0.19.2 
latex-completions 0.3.6 
tool-bar 1.2.0 
uber-juno 0.3.0 

I’ve also updated to v0.12.6 and have noticed that it no longer opens the file I was last editing in the new session. This happens with “Restore Previous Windows on Start” in Core settings set to either Yes or Always. I believe this also happened with v0.12.5 as well.

1 Like

This is awesome! Congratulations. How I wish that I can use neovim inside atom now… my muscle memory just prohibits me to use any other editor.

You can have both, kinda:

1 Like

Whenever I use VS Code I use VSCode Neovim - Visual Studio Marketplace which runs an actual vim instance (with your config file loaded) to do the editing. Maybe there is something similar for Atom.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I did not find. I saw the plugin @pfitzseb mentioned, but it is something trying to emulate Vim, not real Vim with my configurations as you mentioned.

1 Like

Well, just slightly off-topic, I spent the last day trying to use Juno and VS Code. Vim integration in both are fine, but only for moderate usage. When you use Vim really deep, with some plugins, the integration in both Atom and VS Code is far from ideal.