Add .exe in PATH - Julia

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run the “UnderwaterAcoustics” package in Julia. In the installation manual they have provided the following statement:

Bellhop will only be available if you have a working copy of bellhop.exe available on your PATH.

FYI, Bellhop is an acoustic solver/model which can be downloaded.

I have included bellhop.exe in my windows PATH but it’s not showing up in list of models(). Could you please help me out?

Thank you!

Did you add the folder which contains the exe, or the exe itself to the path? Normally, you just add the folder and then restart your editor&REPL. I am not familar with the package, but that usually works.

Thanks for the response. I included the folder containing .exe file in the PATH.
Could you please let me know if there is any command on Julia to check the list of accessible paths? That way I can check if it exists.

Another question, when I activate the project.toml file the folder becomes the environment, right? Should I keep the .exe file in that?

Thanks for the help!

I think you can access environment variables with ENV global variable.

Thanks for the response.
I have tried everything I could but it is still not working.

FYI, I checked whether python is able to read the .exe file and it does. I was able to run the python package. For some reason, Julia is not reading it. I checked the ENV variables and I was able to locate the right path in it. It still doesn’t work!

Please help me figure this out. Thanks