About standard libraries

Where can I find a list of current standard libraries?

https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/tree/master/stdlib

1 Like

Here are another 2 issues about Pkg and the standard library.

1. The preview command does not work as intended.
(v1.0) pkg> preview add Plots
ERROR: Wrong number of arguments
  1. Misleading documentation placement of Pkg.
    Since v1.0, the “package” page can no longer be found in the manual chapter of the doc. Instead, the “Pkg” page can be found in the standard library chapter. This suggests that Pkg is a part of the standard library. However, from the Pkg page, one can learn that **standard libraries need to be added to use. This suggests that Pkg is not a part of the standard library.

Edit: typo

Fixed on Pkg master, will be in next bugfix release.

Should probably be clarified that this is talking about being used from inside another package.

I got this in REPL just now.

(v1.0) pkg> 
            StefanKarpinski update git metadata maps
            Latest commit d123b48  8 hours ago

StefanKarpinski update git metadata maps
            Latest commit d123b48  8 hours ago

I didn’t do anything. How is it triggered?

You’ve been powned!

J/k, that’s a bug—looks like some git command is accidentally printing to the terminal instead of the output being captured.

3 Likes

The next release of Julia (1.0.1) or of Pkg? By the way, can we update Pkg by itself (without installing a new Julia)? How? (v1.0) pkg> update Pkg doesn’t work.

Haha

update --minor Pkg or add Pkg#master according to what I have read in https://docs.julialang.org/en/stable/stdlib/Pkg/

Updating standard libraries is a bit awkward right now, if you want to try out master of Pkg you can try out the instructions at GitHub - JuliaLang/Pkg.jl: Pkg - Package manager for the Julia programming language.

The version I see in (v1.0) pkg> is the version of Pkg or Julia?

The name of the environment which by default is the Julia version.