[Workgroup] JuliaHealth Meeting (Americas/Europe/Africa) -- March 28th, 2024

Hi folks :wave:

I am thrilled to announce this month’s agenda for the Americas/Africa/Europe call!

We have some exciting topics to cover including a guest talk from Dr. Katherine Rosenfeld from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s Institute for Disease Modeling about her work in disease modeling and agent-based approaches.

Monthly Meeting Agenda:

1. Announcements:
    1. Potential grant opportunities
    2. JuliaHealth + Julia YouTube
      3. How to get involved
  2. New attendee introductions
  3. New contributor round-up!
    1. IPUMS.jl
  4. JuliaHealth News
    1. Northeastern University RISE Conference
    2. Upcoming JuliaHealth blog posts
  5. Open session by Dr. Katherine Rosenfeld
    1. Talk
    2. Q&A
  6. Google Summer of Code Final Q&A Period
  7. Google Season of Docs Discussion
    1. Spearheaded by Dr. Jakub Mitura and Sneha Pandey
    2. Could revolutionize JuliaHealth ecosystem
  8. Calls for collaboration
    1. Observational Health Research at Northeastern Uni
    2. Data harmonization methods

How to join monthly meeting:

Date: Thursday March 28th
Time: 12PM - 1PM
Time zone: America/New_York or EST
Zoom joining info
Video call link: https://applications.zoom.us/addon/invitation/detail?meetingUuid=1%2FSzL0slR6OYIZNS8pk6Mg%3D%3D&signature=077e75633e831aeb3d3a92cab5ed346060b9be6b7f468ae5fdb383f126601268&v=1

Conclusion

Hope you all can make it and please let me know if you have any questions! If you have agenda requests, please let me know as well – happy to try to make time. Thank you!

~ tcp :deciduous_tree:

P.S. Missed a talk? We are now on YouTube! Check out the JuliaHealth playlist here.

1 Like

Just a reminder that this talk/meeting will be taking place this Thursday folks! Hope to see you there! :smiley:

Also, following up on a fruitful discussion with @Jakub_Mitura, Carlos Castillo Passi, and @asinghvi17, JuliaHealth is planning for the first time ever to submit a proposal to Google Season of Docs! Jakub and Sneha Pandey are spearheading this effort and we are looking for feedback and ideas on the proposal draft so far here to generalize it across the JuliaHealth ecosystem as best as possible: Google Season of Docs 2024 Proposal · sneha9231/medpipe3d-FAQ · Discussion #1 · GitHub

Cheers!

~ tcp :deciduous_tree:

Hi folks! I believe the wrong Zoom link was sent out so here is the proper link: Redirect Notice