Vscode: tag new version failing

I am getting this error when using the “tag new version” feature of the VSCode extension:

┌ Warning: The active manifest file is an older format with no julia version entry. Dependencies may have been resolved with a different julia version.
└ @ ~/.vscode/extensions/julialang.language-julia-1.5.8/scripts/environments/pkgdev/Manifest.toml:0
ERROR: UndefVarError: collect_registries not defined
Stacktrace:
 [1] getproperty
   @ ./Base.jl:35 [inlined]
 [2] tag_internal(package_name::String, pkg_uuid::String, pkg_path::String, version::Symbol; registry::Nothing, release_notes::Nothing, credentials::String, github_username::String)
   @ PkgDev ~/.julia/packages/PkgDev/7hlxi/src/tag.jl:58
 [3] tag(package_path::FilePathsBase.PosixPath, version::Symbol; kwargs::Base.Pairs{Symbol, String, Tuple{Symbol, Symbol}, NamedTuple{(:credentials, :github_username), Tuple{String, String}}})
   @ PkgDev ~/.julia/packages/PkgDev/7hlxi/src/tag.jl:37
 [4] top-level scope
   @ ~/.vscode/extensions/julialang.language-julia-1.5.8/scripts/packagedev/tagnewpackageversion.jl:29
FINISHED

The manifest file of my package is already updated, and I just upgraded the registry manually, but with no effect.

Any idea?

From the error message I would say that it’s using Pkg internals and those internals changed in 1.7.

1 Like

I’m getting this error again, and I don’t know what should I do…

I think that if I point the Julia being used by VSCode to 1.6.X it works, but why would I need to do that?

(delting the mentioned Manifest file solves the warning, but not the error).

┌ Warning: The active manifest file is an older format with no julia version entry. Dependencies may have been resolved with a different julia version.
└ @ ~/.vscode/extensions/julialang.language-julia-1.5.10/scripts/environments/pkgdev/Manifest.toml:0
ERROR: UndefVarError: collect_registries not defined
Stacktrace:
 [1] getproperty
   @ ./Base.jl:35 [inlined]
 [2] tag_internal(package_name::String, pkg_uuid::String, pkg_path::String, version::Symbol; registry::Nothing, release_notes::Nothing, credentials::String, github_username::String)
   @ PkgDev ~/.julia/packages/PkgDev/7hlxi/src/tag.jl:58
 [3] tag(package_path::FilePathsBase.PosixPath, version::Symbol; kwargs::Base.Pairs{Symbol, String, Tuple{Symbol, Symbol}, NamedTuple{(:credentials, :github_username), Tuple{String, String}}})
   @ PkgDev ~/.julia/packages/PkgDev/7hlxi/src/tag.jl:37
 [4] top-level scope
   @ ~/.vscode/extensions/julialang.language-julia-1.5.10/scripts/packagedev/tagnewpackageversion.jl:29
FINISHED

Issue filed here.