VS Code extension v0.8.0-beta.1 release

Here is beta 4, because we just had to release three betas in one day:

Sorry for the fast turnaround here, this will be the last one for a couple of days.

@ZacLN Can you update the original top post to reflect the new beta releases? I can’t edit that.

4 Likes

yup done

I commented on an issue that LaTeX autocompletions do not work for me on any of my three Ubuntu systems (1x 16.04 and 2x 17.04). I like the look and feel of VS Code, so I’d try it once that is fixed.

EDIT:
My settings messed it up. Apparently I set the same settings on all three systems.
Once I deleted the following setting (that I had added…), LaTeX autocompletions work:
“editor.tabCompletion”: true
Tab competitions work too.
Pretty bad debugging on my behalf.

LaTeX autocompletions wors fine for me on all the linux systems I have used it on.

1 Like

My bad. Turning off:
“editor.tabCompletion”: true
in the settings fixed it.

Kudos to the VS development team. The IDE is very usable and I am very happy with it.

If there are any newbies here, I posted a brief tutorial for setting up VS Code here: VS code is excellent! - #11 by TravisA9

1 Like

With this release should I expect PyPlot to work directly and produce a plot tab? I’ve only been able to get it to work through plots.jl.

Not sure what is going on there, but we’re going to look into it: https://github.com/JuliaEditorSupport/julia-vscode/issues/325.

Excellent. Thanks. It is a very nice extension that I’ve switched over to almost completely.

I get into the Julia:busy state directly after typing something and my whole file looks like this

vscode-julia

It worked fine a couple of days ago but now it’s just unusable.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Are you sure you aren’t missing an “end” somewhere in your code?

Well that is the problem.
I just typed for i=1:10 and then everything turns red because an end is missing. If I add it, it doesn’t change back to normal and stays busy.

I can’t replicate this issue. Can you show the whole script that causes this issue? I’m just wondering because you have red lines already on the line above the for loop.

I just tested it on a new empty file and it seems quite fine there. It changes from busy to ready frequently.
My whole script is in a bigger project and quite long. Maybe processing it takes too long?

Edit:
So just fyi it takes about 30s of Julia: starting up and then it sometimes switches to ready and sometimes directly to busy. I have a REPL open outside of VS-code. (Just find it easier :smiley: )
If it’s ready and I do something it changes to busy and everything gets underlined.

If it’s all underlined red but you can execute the code in your file them something is majorly wrong on our (CSTParser) side. If you can narrow it down to a mwe I should be able to stick up a fix

This screenshot sums it up I think.
So I started with an empty file.
Added the using statements. Then the for loop and while typing it julia changed to be busy.

The problem message shows (I guess) that it went to busy after typing f and then got stuck there.

Are you sure you are running v0.8? Sometimes v0.7 sticks around.

vscode-julia-2

If I click on Reload nothing changes therefore I suppose it is already working and just has some issues with the beta, correct?

No, it means it is not working. Go to your .vscode/extensions folder, deleta all julialang* folders and reinstall the beta.

Alright. Thanks it seems to work perfectly. Even if I get lots of errors because of JuMP variables.

x1 is undefined but it’s the normal declaration in JuMP.

@variable(m, 0 <= x1 <= 1.38629436111989)

Thanks again!