Very new to programming

Hello,
'am Smaug. This is my first post here.
I am very very new to programming, I don’t know how things work, and I am scared of terms like multiple dispatch or parallelism 'coz I have no idea what they are.
Technically, I am philosophier and mathematicians and I am excited about AGI (Artificial General Intelligence), I want to implement my ideas on my PC, and a friend of mine suggested me to learn Julia programming language.

So, is there any book, tutorial, or any other resource for very very beginners to programming?

Thanks

There are many resources at Get started with Julia, but none of them are geared towards absolute beginners. Also, many of them involve problem domains which are probably different from what you are familiar with. So I would just start with the manual and work through a small project.

You don’t have to use parallelism if you don’t need it. Multiple dispatch can be understood quickly from the examples, but you are not forced to write functions that make extensive use of it either. Basically, first you should use Julia as a nice scripting language, and don’t worry about parametric types, macros, or any advanced features.

2 Likes

You have a long road to travel! But for the earlier stages of your journey you may find the Wikibook fairly approachable, if occasionally a bit superficial.

2 Likes

That might be the solution.