Teach Julia to beginner programmers

I am very happy to announce that our book, entitled ‘The Little Book of Julia Algorithms’, has been published. The book aims at teaching a beginner programmer the basics of programming via the Julia language. The book enables people to learn Julia potentially as their first language. It is based on a Python book by Mr William Lau, a high school computer science teacher, which I have re-written for Julia.

Buy on UK Amazon

Buy on US Amazon

The book is also available on other Amazon sites.

So if you want your children and assorted young relatives/friend’s children/associates to learn Julia, get them this book for (insert gift-giving holiday of choice here). But make sure to include something they will actually like as well; I don’t want to force them into having to needlessly work without a light at the end of the tunnel. :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Ordered!

1 Like

Also, feel free to do a PR here: https://github.com/JuliaLang/www.julialang.org/blob/master/learning/books.md to add the book to our public list of Julia books.

4 Likes

Ordered from Amazon Japan!!

3 Likes

Thanks, the little that Amazon doesn’t take from the sale will go straight to my college fund.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Looking forward to using it to introduce my daughter to Julia! Will it become available in electronic format (eg. Kindle or pdf)?

2 Likes

It seems very nice. I think for young non-native children, English is not always easy. Any /plan for translations?

I can help/handle a translation in my native language (French) if you need it.

After some trouble with printing, the book is finally available from local online retailers in India.

Flipkart

Amazon