Hi all! There will be a summer school on Julia in Stuttgart organized by some local folks:
You are at the beginning of your PhD and want to start with a solid foundation in Research Software Engineering?
Or you simply always wanted to learn more about Julia?
Join us in Stuttgart October 9-13, 2023 for a SimTech Summer School on
Research Software Engineering with Julia: Basics, Visualization, and Statistics
- Healthy mix of keynotes from invited lecturers and hands-on sessions
- Small course fee of only 250€ due to financial support by the Cluster of Excellence EXC 2075 “Data-Integrated Simulation Science (SimTech)”
- Surrounded by a welcoming social program
- RSE Basics: advanced Git, testing and CI, reproducible environments, packaging
- Visualization: interactivity, Makie, Pluto
- Statistics: regression and resampling using bootstrap and permutations
- Bring your own project
- Lisa DeBruine (University of Glasgow)
- Douglas Bates (University of Wisconsin)
- Hendrik Ranocha (University of Hamburg)
Apply until July 16: https://www.simtech-summerschool.de