Reminder: Travis-CI.org shuts down on December 31, 2020

Reminder: Travis-CI.org will be shut down on December 31, 2020. Full details are in this newsletter from Travis.

If you still have packages that are using Travis-CI.org for continuous integration, now is the time to migrate them to Travis-CI.com.

Instructions for migrating your repositories to Travis-CI.com are available in the Travis documentation on repository migration.

If you run into problems with the migration, I would recommend contacting Travis CI support.

10 Likes

In addition to migrating your repos to Travis-CI.com, please remember to also update the Travis status badges in your README.md files, i.e. the badges that look like this:

You’ll want to make sure that all of your README.md files are using the Travis-CI.com badges.

More information on Travis status badges is available in the Travis documentation page on status images.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder!

1 Like

To quickly find which repos are affected, in your ~/.julia/dev folder run the following:

$ rg -g '*.md' -g '*.org' -i 'travis-ci.org' *

This uses ripgrep, similar results should be possible with vanilla Posix/BSD grep as well.

2 Likes

Does this look correct?

I feel I’ve taken a wrong turn somehow. I originally thought I just had to update the files in the packages, but this seems quite a lot more complicated to me. And I don’t want to migrate the whole JuliaGraphics organization, since I don’t speak for the whole organization, I just had three packages there.

And why it is a Beta - sounds like a bad idea to migrate working code to a beta?

That will sign up JuliaGraphics (and your personal account) for the beta. In the next step you can choose which repos to migrate so you don’t have to do it with all of them. What’s in beta is the transferring functionality and not the .com service. The .com service has been online for years. FWIW I transferred all of JuliaLang’s repos and it worked without complications.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t want to sign up other packages in JuliaGraphics, just mine. Not sure whether that’s possible. (I’m not as much of a core committer as you…:joy:)

Worked for me!

No luck for me. I’m turning round in selecting my repo in a organization but then it doesn’t show up for migrating.

Simple question: if we are using Julia’s infrastructure in our .travis.yml, do we still need to migrate anything explicitly other than the links to the badges in the README.md files?

language: julia
  - linux
  - osx
julia:
  - nightly
matrix:
  allow_failures:
    - julia: nightly
  fast_finish: true
notifications:
  email: false
after_success:
  - julia -e 'using Pkg; Pkg.add("Coverage")'
  - julia -e 'using Coverage; Codecov.submit(process_folder())'

I have just done the migration on their website. It should be as easy as:

1. Sign in with GitHub on travis-ci.com
  2. Sign up for the Beta features
  3. Install their GitHub App (personal + orgs)
  4. Go to the migrate tab and migrate the repos.
2 Likes

As of today, https://github.com/JuliaLang/Example.jl is still using travis-ci.org