Problem in running Julia on Juno

I have disinstalled Julia and Atom many times, and delete the c:\users\dario \ .julia and
c:\users\dario \ .atom the same number of times … but it seems juno is blocked …
when starting julia REPL in juno, after "Press enter and start Julia " … it says always this but do not ho ahead …

Hold on tight while we are installing some packages for you.
This should only take a few seconds...

Activating environment at `C:\Users\dario\.julia\environments\v1.3\Project.toml`
   Cloning default registries into `C:\Users\dario\.julia`
   Cloning registry from "https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git"

What other can i try ?

Ops, i solved by myself. I was, this morning, installing a package called Taro.jl, because i need a converter from pdf/docx/odt to utf8 txt … so while i was doing that, julia told me to add an enviroment variable to my system … ops i don’t remember its name … stupid i am … but after removed from system environment variable, julia repl works again in repl.

Mystery … i willl reinstall Taro package to see what was that variable …

:smiley:

Ok, reinstalled Taro … oh, it’s this one JULIA_COPY_STACKS, that i manually added so system environment variabile (i have windows 10).

julia> import Taro
[ Info: Precompiling Taro [61d0e4fa-4e73-5030-88a9-ae4c27b203dd]
┌ Warning: JavaCall needs the environment variable `JULIA_COPY_STACKS` to be `1` or `yes`.
│ Calling the JVM may result in undefined behavior.
└ @ JavaCall C:\Users\dario\.julia\packages\JavaCall\0wJQZ\src\JavaCall.jl:38
┌ Warning: JavaCall needs the environment variable `JULIA_COPY_STACKS` to be `1` or `yes`.
│ Calling the JVM may result in undefined behavior.
└ @ JavaCall C:\Users\dario\.julia\packages\JavaCall\0wJQZ\src\JavaCall.jl:38

Hi Darione,

I recently discovered that JULIA_COPY_STACKS does not work on Windows and is also not needed:

I have a pull request in to remove that recommendation on Windows:

Sorry for the confusion.

-Mark