Prints won't show up when debugging a function

I’m debugging some issues in a Julia repository and at the moment I’m trying to track where in the code the issue is located. The repository contains one main module that uses several sub-modules. I have forked the repository to my GitHub page and I’m doing changes to the code on my (Mac) computer.

Now my problem is that when I try to edit some info text inside a certain function or add prints to it to find out which line of the function causes the error, the changes in info text or prints won’t show up when I run my tests.

This happens only when I change info text or add prints into functions that are located in the main module. Changes made in sub-module functions do show up.

To be clear, I do see the changes in the code and I’m certain that I have saved the changes. But when I use the function, the info text remains the original and prints won’t show up. I have restarted Julia and my computer several times. Also I’m sure there are no other functions with the same name I could mistake the problematic function with.

So the question is, that can there be some limitations in doing changes to a main module? Or could there be some other reason for this strange issue?

Did you use add or dev in Pkg on your repository? Could you show the output of Pkg.status()? If you used add you need to commit and up in Pkg to see the changes. If you use dev you should see the changes straight away.

Thanks @kristoffer.carlsson for the reply. I get the following output:

julia> Pkg.status()
    Status `~/.julia/environments/v1.0/Project.toml`
  [c52e3926] Atom v0.8.8
  [be8e8821] FEMQuad v0.3.0
  [f80590ac] JuliaFEM v0.5.0+ [`~/.julia/dev/JuliaFEM`]
  [e5e0dc1b] Juno v0.7.0
  [37e2e46d] LinearAlgebra 

The package I’m interested in is JuliaFEM. And I used Pkg.clone() when I cloned the forked repository to my computer.

Yeah, that looks good.

Are you sure you are editing the correct files? Perhaps you can show a git diff of you changes and someone else can try the same changes and see if it updates for us.

As an aside, I recently asked a question about using prints for debugging, similar to Python debug

The answer was to look at
https://docs.julialang.org/en/v1.1/stdlib/Logging/#Environment-variables-1

and