MQTT Package?

Hi,

I need to interact with a MQTT broker service. JuliaHub lists no packages for MQTT itself. I found MQTT.jl on github from 4 years ago. However it doesn’t compile as a package. and it doesn’t run well at all. I started to update it for current julia (1.7.3), but I seem to run into more issues. Before I sidetrack myself with updating MQTT.jl, does anyone know of a working julia MQTT interface?

Thanks!

1 Like

Replying to my own thread, I found this recent fork of MQTT.jl which is not a package, but works enough for now.

1 Like

When does the MQTT package going to be official and can be imported by pkg?

Hello, this is available now, the Mosquitto package is registered. You can just do “]add Mosquitto” in a Julia REPL to install the package.
The current version should work out of the box, if not, please file an issue. Before releasing a 1.0 I still want to rework a bit how properties for MQTTv5 work and add some documentation, but this will not happen tomorrow, needs a few boring weekends.

1 Like

the command “connect” shows me the modbus connect, not the mosquitto connect?

No, the Mosquitto package is not related to Modbus. It is really the Mosquitto connect. If you get a “MOSQ_ERR_SUCCESS::mosq_err_t = 0” it means the connection should work.

I think its best if you ask the questions related to the package in a new topic or on Github directly, as this topic here is unrelated to that.

ok, thanks, i will make further investigation. Maybe I’ve done something wrong?

M.f.G. Pascal