Juno & Julia 0.6.4 -- plotting?

I use Julia v.0.6.4 on latest Windows 10/64 bit with latest update of packages. Some “problems” with Juno and plotting:

1. using Plots, I assume that GR is the default backend. Today, the plots in Juno are “unusably” small:
    It is possible I’m getting old…, but my eyes are not made for reading such small plots.
  • Is it possible to change the scaling of the plot window so that the plots appear larger on screen?
  • Note: I haven’t noticed such small plots in Juno before – but then I haven’t used Juno for a while.
  1. I normally use the pyplot backend because it traditionally has had better support for LaTeX. However, for a while, Juno has given the following error message when I try to use the pyplot() backend:

Note:
  • Command pyplot() seems to work in Juno…
  • …while the subsequent command plot(x,y) gives this error message.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem are welcome.

I have the same problems…

Regarding my “problem 1”…

• I can zoom each plot by scrolling the mouse wheel. However, the granulation is too coarse… one move of the scroll wheel makes the plot way too big.
    I can also zoom each plot using the +/- buttons in the plot window. But it takes some 20 clicks on “+” to get the appropriate size. And there is no “memory”, so I have to do this for each new plot…

These are both known issues:

Thanks, nilshg. I’ll check this out. NOTE however that the problem shows up in Julia v. 0.6.4, and not only in Julia v. 0.7. I cannot move to Julia 1.0 yet – there are some packages that I use that don’t yet work in Julia 1.0.

1 Like