Juno for JuliaPro conflicts with boost on Windows

I’m running Juno for JuliaPro 0.5.1.1 on Windows 7 with boost C++ library installed. I’m getting this message when I run the first program from IDE, but the program seems to run fine:

Add-Type : (0) : Warning as Error: Invalid search path ‘C:\boost\stage\lib’ specified in ‘LIB environment variable’ –
'The system cannot find the path specified. ’
(1) : using System;
At C:\JuliaPro-0.5.1.1.atom\packages\julia-client\script\spawnInterruptible.ps1:18 char:13

• $Kernel32 = Add-Type -MemberDefinition $MethodDefinition -Name 'Kerne …
  •         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Power…peCompilerError:AddTypeCompilerError) [Add-Type], Except
      ion
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : SOURCE_CODE_ERROR,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand

Add-Type : Cannot add type. Compilation errors occurred.
At C:\JuliaPro-0.5.1.1.atom\packages\julia-client\script\spawnInterruptible.ps1:18 char:13

• $Kernel32 = Add-Type -MemberDefinition $MethodDefinition -Name 'Kerne …
  •         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (:slight_smile: [Add-Type], InvalidOperationException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : COMPILER_ERRORS,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand

You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At C:\JuliaPro-0.5.1.1.atom\packages\julia-client\script\spawnInterruptible.ps1:21 char:1

• $status = $Kernel32::SetConsoleCtrlHandler($null, $true)
  •   + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

As a workaround you can disable the powershell wrapper that handles interrupts via Settings > Packages > julia-client > Enable Powershell Wrapper.

I’m not sure why you’re getting that error, but then I don’t have any idea what the prebuild boost installer does… Can you check PATH for anything suspicious? In particular, does C:\boost\stage\lib exist and is it on your PATH? Removing it might fix the error as well.

‘C:\boost\stage\lib’ specified in ‘LIB environment variable’ didn’t exist, so I deleted LIB. The question is: what Juno was looking for inside LIB?

It wasn’t – the powershell wrapper needs to import some kernel functions from Kernel32.dll and DllImport apparently tries to look at PATH or LIB while doing that or something. Not sure if we could work around that somehow…

1 Like

No problem, I just needed to clean up my Windows environment variables. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.