JuMP development sprints

Edit: Please read this Google doc, which has all the information.

Dear all,

Ever wanted to contribute to JuMP but not known where to start? Now’s your chance!

Over the next few months, we will be holding a series of development sprints to push JuMP toward the much anticipated 1.0 release.

The first three sprints will be held

• July 11/12

• July 25/26

• August 8/9

How this will work

I have begun labelling a number of issues in JuMP and MathOptInterface that are suitable for small contributions during the sprint.

We will open a Zoom meeting for people to drop in and out of during each sprint. (I will update this post with a link nearer the time.See Google doc) Pop in, say hi (or introduce yourself), pick an issue, discuss what needs to be done, and then get coding!

We will post times during which core contributors will be available on Zoom closer to the time. See Google doc.

We particularly encourage new contributors

If you haven’t contributed to JuMP before, and don’t know where to start, I will be available to walk you through the process! You don’t have to be a Julia-Wizard to make a great contribution. (My first PR was this innocuous 10 line change.)

Mark your calendars, and I will see you at the sprint!

Oscar

17 Likes

I do not have a lot of time, but I think I can spare some hours in a weekend, specially to take care of a small improvement that I needed and suggested.

2 Likes

@odow
I am interested in this project. How can I get in touch and contribute? :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m also interested to contribute. I’ve never participate in such project, however I have studied MathOptInterface / JuMP for months.

3 Likes

Dear all,

This Google doc (also linked at top of this post) has all relevant information for the sprints: JuMP development sprints - Google Docs

Oscar

3 Likes

Dear all,

A reminder that this is happening today. Please stop by if you have some time to contribute to JuMP.

Oscar

1 Like