Juliaup gui?

I saw that with 1,13 release, Juliaup was coming with a GUI. And when I take a look, this is documented in Juliaup GitHub. However, I am using Juliaup 1.22.3 and selfupdate stay on this version. Then no gui is found.

When will be the new Juliaup release be released ? Or is there a way to install the gui separately ?

Thanks,

cb@mm ~
➜ juliaup --version
Juliaup 1.22.3

cb@mm ~
➜ juliaup gui

works for me (on macOS)

Does not work for me, neither on Linux nor on Windows

At least on Linux this was a packaging error which will be fixed for next update.

Ok. Will wait next relese then.

I am on Windows 11, with Juliaup 1.22.7, but the command juliaup gui

issues an error

Error: The GUI at 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\JuliaComputingInc.Julia_1.22.7.0_x64__5z4q23t4ga8jg\Julia\juliaupgui.exe' exited abnormally (exit code: 0xc0000005).

I am on Windows 11, and I can’t get a newer version than juliaup 1.20.9 ???

This does not update on Windows. Am also on 1.20.9

The command : juliaup self update did not work for me. But I got the latest version after uninstalling it, followed by the juliaup’s github page instructions:
“If the Windows Store is blocked on a system, we have an alternative MSIX App Installer. […] To use the App Installer version, download this file and open it by double clicking on it.”

The Windows build is making its way through testing, might be a few more days before we push it out to everyone. But things are looking good :slight_smile:

Thanks David for all you do on juliaup and VSCode. It makes working with Julia much more enjoyable.

Similar Linux lack of GUI for me.
I am looking forward to the update.

You can help us out by trying the release preview for v1.22.7

juliaup self channel releasepreview
juliaup self update

I also have no GUI yet on Mac OS and would have loved to help, but I only get

❯ juliaup self channel releasepreview
error: unrecognized subcommand 'channel'

Usage: juliaup self <COMMAND>

For more information, try '--help'.

I am on juliaup 1.22.3 – installed via homebrew. Homebrew does not have an update, and

❯ juliaup self update
    Checking for new Julia versions

does also not update any further.

Similar on Win 11

PS C:\WINDOWS\System32> juliaup self channel releasepreview
error: unrecognized subcommand 'channel'

Usage: juliaup.exe self <COMMAND>

For more information, try '--help'.
PS C:\WINDOWS\System32> juliaup -V
Juliaup 1.20.9
PS C:\WINDOWS\System32>

I had to “reinstall” it with homebrew to get it working.

I got this on Windows 10:

>juliaup gui
Error: The GUI at 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\JuliaComputingInc.Julia_1.22.7.0_x64__5z4q23t4ga8jg\Julia\juliaupgui.exe' exited abnormally (exit code: 0xc0000005).

Homebrew and windows don’t have the self update mechanisms.

For self update to work on Linux and Mac it requires using the standard installer from the Julia installer page. Sorry, I should’ve been clearer.

Thanks for the explanation. Then I can not help much, since I do prefer managing my versions with just brew :slight_smile:

But: The reinstall hint (brew remove, then brew add) actually installed 1.22.3 anew and now the gui works.

Tried the releasepreview trick, updated to 1.22.7

Works perfectly on Linux Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Mageia10, WSL Ubuntu 24.04.

Tried on a login node of a large cluster (so remote ssh/X11) with RedHat 9.6, first try got a signal 11 (segsev), second try got the UI, but it is very long to answer to clicks.

Can’t try windows 11 as no installer and self channel unrecognized, so will wait for 1.22.8

Thanks for the good work,