JuliaPro - package installation issues

Why can’t I install MLJ.j?
This is my error:

(@JuliaPro_v1.5.1-1) pkg> add MLJ
Updating registry at C:\Users\dell\.julia\registries\JuliaComputingRegistry
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

• MLJ (not found in project, manifest or registry)

thanks!!

don’t use Julia Pro.

3 Likes

So what should I use?Vscode?

You can use Juno the editor if you want, just don’t use JuliaPro as your Julia version. The current release is 1.6.2, and JuliaPro will not get any further updates. Just install the latest stable release and set your Julia path in Juno to that version if you want to continue using Juno.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what you mean. Do you mean that I need to re-download the latest version of JuliaPro?

No, I mean DO NOT use JuliaPro. Just use the official latest release from here:

To elaborate a little bit: JuliaPro can basically be thought of as regular Julia, bundled together with Atom to enable the Juno IDE (essentially a Julia plugin for Atom), and a custom registry (the JuliaComputing registry, which is a “curated” version of the General registry that normal Julia uses). JuliaPro is howver not being updated any further, and therefore stuck on Julia 1.5. Furthermoe, the curated registry often leads to package installation issues like the one you experience.

1 Like

Should I replace the old version of Julia with this?

Yes

(@v1.6) pkg> add MLJ
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

• MLJ (not found in project, manifest or registry)

I have updated Julia to 1.6, why is it still like this?

What does registry st return when entered in the Pkg REPL mode?

(@v1.6) pkg> registry st
Registry Status
[bbcd6645] JuliaComputingRegistry (https://github.com/JuliaComputing/JuliaComputingRegistry)

Okay that’s a hangover from JuliaPro, do registry rm JuliaComputingRegisty and registry add General

3 Likes

He seems to be working!!
Thank you very much!

2 Likes