Julia v1.6.5 has been released

Julia version 1.6.5, the fifth patch release in the 1.6 LTS series of releases, is now available. You can get binaries for glibc Linux (i686, x86-64, AArch64, ARMv7), musl Linux (x86-64), FreeBSD (x86-64), macOS (x86-64), and Windows (32-, 64-bit) at https://julialang.org/downloads.

As a patch release, 1.6.5 contains no new features or breaking changes, only bug fixes, documentation improvements, and performance improvements. You can see the list of commits included since 1.6.4 here. We recommend that anyone currently using earlier 1.6 versions upgrade to 1.6.5.

Note that 1.6 on Travis, AppVeyor, Cirrus, and GitHub Actions now refers to 1.6.5.

Enjoy!

31 Likes

The link for the macOS version is broken. I get a page that says

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>bin/mac/x64/1.6/julia-1.6.5-mac64.dmg</Key>
<RequestId>2BKHHEAR7SPBHSJ9</RequestId>
<HostId>
kysBlwAcmReL4uGFKXk7BB5xDM1xvjjwL9buHup/M3yuOeNSvVhXkhHAvpOhN5jiSI1r8J9GD/M=
</HostId>
</Error>
4 Likes

Question: Do incremental system images, created with Julia 1.6.4 also work with Julia 1.6.5 ?

2 Likes

Download link on the Julia site is broken for MacOS:

NoSuchKey The specified key does not exist. bin/mac/x64/1.6/julia-1.6.5-mac64.dmg G92HT5ZM1CF6NH48 Zm+XokCoaL0wH5qkVlvaCixR0a356RrWPrDISwp3dogMBCpyMBwRuKuKOh0RHG+PiKKRUar1Er0=

@amrods and @lewis: Thanks for the note, that’s now fixed. Sorry about that and do let us know if you run into any more issues.

The open BLAS problem, at least as far as it was messing up my life, is indeed fixed.
Thanks!

3 Likes

To answer this question myself: I updated from Julia 1.6.4 to 1.6.5 without updating the system image. It continued to work, but it showed that Julia 1.6.4 is still be used in the banner.

Very strange! Can anybody explain how this can happen?

Then I rebuild the system image, and all worked as expected.

All the data is stored in the sysimage, including what Julia version etc.